Our client who is a leader in the Electrical Power Generation market has an immediate need for a Technical Project Manager. This is a two (2) yeart contract that can be performed remotely to start. After the restrictions are lifted this role is based in Vancouver, BC.
The E2 - Engineer performs supervised engineering tasks for assignments of limited scope and complexity using standard procedures and techniques to support projects and/or operations safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum two (2) years of in a relevant engineering field or equivalent.
• Contribute to the development of safe engineering solutions by performing activities such as studies of limited scope and applying prescribed methods and techniques in solving problems for projects and/or operations.
• Assist with specific aspects of more complex engineering activities adhering to prescribed analysis, design, or computation methods by following established practices working under close supervision of a senior professional engineer who reviews work for accuracy, adequacy, and conformance with prescribed procedures.
• Participate in the engineering practice using initiative and judgement in making a few routine technical decisions, applying standards and following detailed instructions so that the client’s engineering standards are maintained.
• Perform periodic tasks independently which may include on-site construction quality control and monitoring to ensure design compliance.
Education and Skills
• University graduate in applied science or engineering
• Registered Engineer-in-Training or Geoscientist-in-Training with Engineers & Geoscientists BC or another jurisdiction and/or eligible for registration as such with Engineers & Geoscientists BC
• Familiarity with CAD systems and drawing standards
• Ability to use standard industry design/analysis software
• Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Experience with industrial control systems, industrial networks, and configuration and integration of intelligent electronic devices.
- Knowledge in networking technologies, concepts and architectures.
- Background in cyber security in Operational technologies is an asset.
- AutoCAD experience is essential to update plant industrial network engineering drawings.
This team of engineers are responsible for industrial controls and industrial networks and perform tasks such as device configuration for generation stations, supporting small and large projects for various control system upgrades and industrial network upgrades, adding new PLCs and new instrumentation and working with industrial engineering drawings. They work closely with IT in Operational Technology to fulfill this work.
- P.Eng is required
- Must have AutoCAD experience
- Experience with industrial control systems is required
- Experience with integration with control systems and intelligent control devices is required.
- A background with networking and communications is an asset (understands networking, firewalls)
- A background with cyber security is an asset
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.