Our oil and gas client in North Bay, ON is looking to hire a Workplace Services Advisor for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Manage work completed by several external vendors which includes routine maintenance tasks to complex life cycle projects as it relates to building facilities.
• Ensure safe, reliable, efficient and code-compliant building operations.
• Work with clients to fully understand scope of work prior to requesting estimates or execution.
• Quality assurance (before, during and after execution) of work activities.
• Ensure compliance of governing regulatory compliance, i.e. TSSA, Building Code, Life Fire & Safety, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, etc
• Input into centralized O&M and Capital budgets to ensure facilities needs are addressed.
• Evaluate facility problems implementing solutions to support business activities.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• Post-Secondary Education in an engineering or technical field or equivalent experience.
• 3 to 5 years work experience in a technical field.
• Leadership experience leading work plans and deliverables, as well as contractors and vendors
• Knowledge of building operations, building automation systems, security and occupant services
• Knowledge of building codes, industry standards and compliance requirements
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across departments & with regional management
• Able to adjust hours for operational support and participate in on-call response
• Building management and leadership experience preferred.
• CET, P.Eng or FMP (Facility Management Professional) an asset.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.