Electrical Controls Technician
· South Plainfield, New Jersey
· Full-time, permanent
· Overtime, on call, weekends and overnight travel will be required
· Opportunity to work with a North American industry leader in energy delivery
· Electrical/Instrumentation technician experience is a must
Who is the employer?
Our client has been a leader in the delivery of energy across North America, including crude oil, natural gas, and green energy. Operating one of North America’s largest natural gas utility, they take pride in delivering the energy people need to heat their homes, keep their lights on, and stay connected.
Driven to be the strongest player in the industry, they start with their employees: promoting mentorship and professional development and empowering employees to develop their skills, while providing varied and challenging work in a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you thrive on troubleshooting and resolving electrical components, this role could be for you.
What you’ll be doing
This is a non-union position
Ensuring the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of pipeline facilities is what the Electrical Controls Technicians here excel at.
Include but are not limited to:
- Balancing, bending and stooping, climbing, crawling, carrying ( up to 45 amount of pounds), grasping, kneeling, lifting (objects 45 pounds), pulling hand over hand, pushing, reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, walking, the visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read the fine print), hearing requirement, grasping, kneeling, light-moderate lifting (objects up to 45 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, the visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read the fine print), hearing requirement.
- Include but are not limited to Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have a moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting of turbine emissions monitoring and controls.
- Work with significant independence on standard assignments.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of Safety Policies and Procedures and act following them at all times.
- Learn the operation of more complex equipment and procedures.
- Participate in design reviews with the ability to decipher diagrammatic/one-line drawings
- Ensure that all pertinent records are accurate, current, and that preventative maintenance schedules are timely.
- Serve as a backup E/C Tech at other locations on an as-needed basis
- Assessing and ensuring situations are safe to perform the work required and the most effective way of carrying out the work.
This is a full-time, non-union position. Traveling to various sites as required to cover work in New Jersey and a portion of the state of New York.
- Associate’s Degree in a relevant technical field, such as Electrical/Controls, Electrical Engineering or Controls Technology, Electronics Technology, or a related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
- one (1) year of electrical/instrumentation experience in an industrial type setting OR the equivalent experience necessary to perform required tasks of Technician Level 1 on a stand-alone basis.
- Competent in NFPE 70E Code & Arc Flash Safety
- Experience with pressure containment is considered an asset
- You reside or are willing to reside within 30 miles of the assigned location
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, be on call and standby, and travel overnight as required
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, you will be sent a link to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!