- Job no: KFJA6
- Categories: Information Technology
Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Our cleint is looking for candidates who strive to constantly improve and build on their skills, work effectively with others to deliver results, and are not afraid of a challenge.
Bruce Power’ s Life Extension Program and Major Component Replacement (MCR) are responsible for optimizing the life and performance of its assets by carrying out focused major component replacements on a range of nuclear and non-nuclear systems.
Items outside of the scope of the MCR Program will be carried out through the Asset Management (AM) Program. The Asset Management approach allows Bruce Power to manage the scope of work during refurbishment, while balancing the work program and extending the life of the units before refurbishment begins, through targeted inspections, upgrades, testing and replacements of components and systems. This approach optimizes the life of the assets and enables a coordinated refurbishment program.
The BI Developer has primary responsibility for preparing and providing accurate and reliable reports that depict the Project/Program status, activities, accomplishments, and challenges. The BI Developer is responsible for collecting and examining data from various data sources and compiling it into a series of reports for distribution to project stakeholders. They will also assist in creating and maintaining a series of fact sheets, slide presentations, program highlights, short videos, media outreach and success stories that showcase the program performance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collects, organizes, and compiles project data into a series of reports that are distributed on a timely basis.
- Monitors project data for accuracy and consistency of data
- Collects project data for the Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports and any additional ad hoc reporting requirements
- Builds a strong relationship and works closely with the Project Team to ensure validity of data
- Builds a strong relationship with project stakeholders to ensure reporting products are meeting expectations
- Utilizes IT applications to extract and present relevant data elements, including MS Suite of products, Ecosys, Powerday, P6 and others.
- Experience with Access/SQL/skillset, and BI solutions such as Power BI required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4-6 years of proven work experience in a similar role on an IT team or BI Reporting environment.
- Ability to translate business requirements into BI solutions.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Power BI (Mandatory).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Understanding of SQL Server based data warehousing concepts.
- Project management mastery (P6 is a Plus).
- Humble intelligent and confident.
- Bachelor’ s Degree or Technical Community College Diploma is preferred.
- Published on 05 Mar 2021, 7:05 PM