· Houston, Texas
· Full-time, permanent
· Travel required
· Opportunity to work with a North American industry leader in energy delivery
· Commissioning experience within the industrial sector is a must
Who is the employer?
Our client has been a leader in the delivery of energy across North America, including crude oil, natural gas, and green energy. Operating one of North America’s largest natural gas utility, they take pride in delivering the energy people need to heat their homes, keep their lights on, and stay connected.
Driven to be the strongest player in the industry, they start with their employees: promoting mentorship and professional development and empowering employees to develop their skills, while providing varied and challenging work in a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you’re resourceful, organized and have strong communication skills, this role could be for you.
What you’ll be doing
Our client is looking for someone who has experience in commissioning and start-up of pipeline and facilities projects. As the Commissioning Coordinator, you will be focused on planning, coordination of field commissioning activities, managing budgets and deficiencies and collaborate with internal and external partners.
Specifically, you will:
- Coordinate field commissioning activities for small, to large projects through the management of either 3rd Party Specialized Contractors or internal Technicians.
- Develop comprehensive commissioning and start-up execution plans (resource requirements, cost estimates, schedules, etc.) required to effectively and efficiently commission Liquid Pipelines and Gas Transmission projects.
- Assure commissioning activities are executed in accordance with established processes and procedures, while ensuring that project scope, schedule, cost and quality expectations are effectively managed.
This is a full time permanent position:
- Office based role with frequent scheduled travel to construction sites across the pipeline system in Canada and US. Approximately 20-30 days per quarter.
- Project-generated disruptions to off-the-job personal activities. This includes extended working hours and handling after-hours calls requesting direction and assistance on weekends or during evening hours. (Approximately 5 to 10 occurrences quarterly).
- Electrical or Instrumentation Trade Certificate
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in commissioning within the industrial sector
- Proven ability to independently lead and coordinate work with diverse groups to solve problems
- PMP certification is an asset
- Positive relationship building skills and the ability to successfully interact with peers, internal partners and equipment vendors
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, you will be sent a link to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!