On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Contracts Specialist in Houston, TX
This position is responsible for the execution of contracts ranging from initial contracting strategy and development to contract execution in accordance with Company contracting policies and procedures.
· Coordinating with stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure contracts that are developed mitigate risk and deliver competitive advantage by knowing and following all established Company contracting policy and procedures;
· Proactively providing advice to stakeholders regarding contracting strategies and analyzing scopes of work to determine contracting strategy;
· Identifying potential suppliers and qualification criteria and preparing RFx (request for proposal, request for quote, etc.) packages;
· Coordinating proposal evaluation activities, completing commercial evaluations and negotiating with suppliers;
· Preparing award recommendations and awarding contracts;
· Facilitating and conducting pre-proposal, proposal clarification and contract kick-off meetings with suppliers and key stakeholders;
· This position is responsible for the execution of agreements with a yearly value of up to $500M and acts as the point of contact for all contracting activities until award.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· University degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field;
· A minimum of four (4) years of related experience in the SCM field;
· Proven communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills, with influencing and persuasive talents;
· Experience negotiating commercial agreements.
· Enrollment in the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) / Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation program or equivalent is an asset;
· Experience in the oil and gas industry.
· Typical office environment
· Minimal travel required, e.g., project sites, domestic and foreign contractor facilities, occasionally requires Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)