- Job no: 55273ENBJP00009537
- Categories: Engineering
On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Project Engineer in Houston, TX
This position is responsible for the project management of pipeline repair integrity digs while working closely with Pipeline Integrity, Construction Management, Environment, Land Services, Control Center, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Finance, and Safety departments to ensure the schedule, scope, and budgets are maintained for each dig.
- Manage assessment and repair of Maintenance Program US GTM Projects; develop and implement AFE’s from the budget proposal stage through contract administration, construction management, and cost control and reporting
- Manage detailed design work by contract and/or consultant resources
- Perform day-to-day project activities; complete various documentation including permits, reports, and utility crossings, ensure regulatory compliance, and review Company standards and procedures
- Develop execution plans for planned group digs and issues,
- At a gatekeeper to ensure that all requirements are met before proceeding to the next stage of the project.
- Conduct field visits a minimum of three times per quarter to complete Safety Observation Cards and Audit
- Communicate with Pipeline Integrity on status of upcoming digs, act as a liaison between PI and Construction
- Review dig-packages issued by PI before field receipt.
- Request field reviews of new sites to ROW, Environment, Construction, and Safety as appropriate
- Create Work Order (WO) and Work Release Contract (WRC) requests for excavation, sweep, Non-Destructive Examination (NDE), and inspection.
- File and upload daily LEM sheets, site and safety inspector reports
- Submit outage requests to the appropriate Outage Planner(s) and follow up to make sure sites are approved before starting work
- Monitor work orders to ensure scope and costs are not exceeded
- Verify any revisions on Safe Excavation Pressure (SEP), deadline changes, and other information that can affect the sites on their assigned zones, and provide a weekly progress report to Manager
- Review initial NDE reports for technical completeness
- Coordinate and assist in repair decisions
- Participate as required in Project kick-off meetings, progress meetings, lessons learned meetings, and closeout reviews
- Predict obstacles, challenges, and risks to proactively determine mitigation strategies and innovative solutions to problems
- Assist during emergency response activities
- Multiple individual AFEs of $.1MM to $50MM (cumulative annual budget of $100MM)
- Decisions and recommendations have the potential to significantly impact project schedules, costs, and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Demonstrated technical competence in at least one of the engineering disciplines, with the ability to overview and/or practice in other disciplines.
- 4-7 years of progressively complex detailed design and/or project management experience.
- Depending on technical education, accreditations, and competency development in accordance with career ladders, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General understanding of pipeline and terminal operations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Software experience with MS Office Suite, Oracle, or SAP.
- Problem-solving, decision-making, organization, planning, and leadership skills.
- Collaborative, team- and service-oriented work style.
- Motivated self-starter who works well independently in a fast-paced team environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Exposure to more than one Engineering discipline
- PMP Certification
- Office environment with some fieldwork required
- Scheduled travel to offices, operating facilities, construction sites, and supplier facilities (up to 25%)
- Available outside normal work hours to address any technical, cost, safety, quality, and environmental issues that occur during active projects.