Our technology client is hiring Project Manager for a contract opportunity. The job is 100% remote and for only Project Managers in CST, MST and PST. The PM will be required to manage the project from initiation to Day 2 acceptance and customer signature on the Service Assumption Notice.
About the Position:
• The Avaya Project Manager (PM) is responsible from an overall project management capacity and in a technical implementation advisory capacity.
• The PM will be accountable for project timelines / milestones, governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration, optimization and planning, resourcing, and tools management.
• At this level the individual possesses industry standard project management skills (time management, scope management, communications management, escalation management, risk management, etc.).
• The creation and use of MS Project schedules, Project binders, Service Now Project Management modules and other PM tools is required.
• PMI certification is not required but appreciated.
• Projects are conducted at a medium level of complexity and scale.
• An understanding of the Avaya technology is needed and will grow as new projects are released.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• The PM must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Manages customer needs through specific deliverables to ensure customer requirements are being met.
• May provide total project leadership or sub project leadership as part of a wider team and is directly accountable for the on time and on-budget delivery of assigned projects.
• Responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements. The major emphasis is on management and coordination of tasks related to the overall work breakdown structure.
• PMs are required to manage efforts of the company, customer and third-party vendors as well as assure that an integrated software and hardware solution is provided to meet the customer's needs.
• The job may include responsibility for coordinating the development of technical requirements, designs and testing plans.
• PMs are responsible for the overall planning and up-selling of additional services to the customer, especially through change control activities.
• The PM is responsible from an overall project management capacity and in a technical implementation advisory capacity.
• The PM will be accountable for project timelines / milestones, governance, alignment, assurance, management, integration, optimization and planning.
• A Project Manager may have more than one (1) project at a time based on complexity and availability.
• The Project Manager will follow the Project Management Methodology and will be supported by the Senior Manager for Project Management and the Director of Service Transition.
Project Management Deliverables
• Review Customer SOW
• Prepare and update PM Binder
• Secure Service Transition Resources
• Perform Sales to Services Handoff
• Perform Avaya (or another 3rd Party) handoff
• Prepare MS Project Schedule
• Prepare and execute Customer Kickoff Call
• Provide weekly project status report to Customer
• Have weekly status call with client
• Coordinate Service Transition Activity timing with readiness of APS (or other 3rd party) installation of hardware. To include regular email and voice contact with APS Project Manager.
• Provide weekly updates into the Avaya Managed Services Platform (AMSP)
• Provide updated “Dashboard” to Avaya leadership
• Attend Weekly PM review call
• Manage Change Management for the duration of the project
• Manage the Communications Plan
• Maintain and update Risk/Issues/Decision logs
• Maintain and update Project Budget
• Verify all project deliverables (in the Customer SOW) are delivered
• Manage escalations with clients
• Coordinate transition to Service Delivery team
• Coordinate introduction of CBM (Client Business Manager) and SDM (Service Delivery Manager) as necessary
• Maintain weekly communication with CBM and SDM and update on project progress
• Prepare and deliver Service Assumption Notices
• Ensure all necessary documents are attached to the AMSP platform for historical research.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Project Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.