- Job no: JG7QN
- Categories: Engineering
Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Assistant Project Engineer with a strong background in electrical utility design, ideally substation electrical design. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Burnaby, British Columbia
The role will primarily be assisting Project Engineer Specialists and Principal Engineer with projects and programs which include overhead transmission line upgrades, NERC CIP standards work and P&C design work)
- Manage low to medium complexity portions of the work through the process of planning, design and construction.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with staff, consultants, contractors, other utilities and vendors to provide high value, effective solutions
- Provide assistance in engineering due diligence checks, as required
- Supporting the development of cost estimates, schedules, scope of work, business cases, risk registers, procurement strategies, design plans, quality plans, decision framework documents, safety by design workshops and documents in the early stages of projects
- Research and draft documentation on project issues with input from the Project Engineer.
- Participate in reviewing work-in-progress by assigned staff, consultants, contractors, vendors and providing weekly and monthly progress reports.
- Assist in resolution of project issues to maintain continuity of work for short periods of time if the Project Engineer is out of the office
- Prepare and mange complex spreadsheets and track design progress and work processes
- 4 years experience in a relevant engineering field with a strong background in electrical utility design, ideally substation electrical design
- Professional Engineer registered with EGBC
- Hydro P&C, Telecom design and NERC CIP experience or knowledge is an asset
- Experience in creating technical processes and interim sustainment processes (project construction to project close-out)
- Knowledge of Transmission Line design, and any PLS-CADD experience is an asset.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent communication, technical co-ordination, interpersonal skills, and be a team player
- Must be personable and work collaboratively with the Designers and Work Package Managers to develop various documents, track task progress and compliance checklist
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 01 Apr 2021, 12:28 AM