On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Business Analyst in Houston, TX
· IT Business Analyst serves as direct liaison to functional process owners in order to translate and prioritize requirements for assigned area project and support work.
· Analyzes business processes and work flows and develops process diagrams and deliverable artifacts.
· Assists in developing business case and project documents following guidelines of the project management framework.
· This position reports to the IT Manager.
· Responsible for translating high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications
· Assists the business in determining which business requirements can and should be automated and how they are then integrated with other business and technical processes
· Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned systems, organization, and business processes and participates in requirements prioritization.
· Assist in the definition of project scope and success criteria
· Perform project coordination tasks as needed - determine, assign, track and manage project tasks, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
· Partner with development team to provide reporting and status on project deliverables. - Coordinate and participate in Testing activities.
Criteria & Qualifications:
· Maintain project financial and budget information
· Degree in Information Systems or related technical discipline or equivalent 2-4 years of systems analysis, programming or other IT related experience
· Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle
· Ability to translate technical information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel
· Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and suppliers
· Proficient at operating within a North Americanly distributed team
· Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
***Pipeline and/or Oil & Gas experience highly preferred***