We are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for the planning, delivery, management and governance of the NE Electric Complex Capital Projects in Waltham, MA for 12 months project.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
• Ensure NE Electric complex projects adhere to the Complex Capital Delivery process for the timely creation and approval of the Project Execution Plan which includes preliminary engineering, baseline schedule, detailed cost estimate, risk profile and resource strategy.
• Assemble cross functional project team to establish development and design requirements, milestones and affordability ceilings while driving adherence of the frameworks, policies, procedures, controls and reporting necessary to drive an efficient and effective approach to project development that optimizes the success of NE Electric complex capital project delivery.
• Facilitate NE Electric complex projects to ensure that they continue to be appropriately assessed, developed, planned, resourced, and scheduled in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure best value for client.
• Inspire and deliver new ways of working collaboratively within the business; driving efficiency and performance excellence as well as matrix working with and through functions and processes to ensure maximum value and achievement of long-term challenges.
• Review project reports and performance metrics to monitor progress according to plan, guide the resolution of any major issues and provide timely updates to senior management.
• Facilitate and encourage the introduction of new technologies and innovative solutions to improve the delivery of NE Electric complex capital projects safely, on time, and in accordance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Work closely with SHE to identify and respond appropriately to any potential hazards, incidents or circumstances that impact the safety, wellbeing and working environment of any complex construction projects within own jurisdiction.
Technical Capabilities (Knowledge, Skill, Experience):
• 7+ years of experience in electric operations engineering, project management, utility construction or equivalent relevant experience.
• A Bachelor’s degree required in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering, and construction experience in all aspects of utility electric construction operations. Master’s degree in engineering discipline, MBA or relevant equivalent preferred.
• Preference given to candidates with a Professional Engineer’s license and/or Certified Project Management Professional.
• Considerable proven experience in direct project development and design including milestone management, resourcing, affordability, risk management, reporting and possess team leadership and influencing skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative, integrity, and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
• Knowledge of Electric system operations, engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal, purchasing, and utility accounting regulations.
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget conscious, metric/measurement driven.
• Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members can discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
Strong skills in:
• Electric substation, transmission and distribution line engineering design, project management, stakeholder engagement, presentation, construction management, interpersonal, oral & written communication, critical analysis and capable of leading and influencing teams, and gaining support and commitment from a wider operational group.
• Valid driver’s license with a safe driving history required.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are Project Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.