Quality Assurance Analyst (Entry Level)
· Greater Toronto Area or Greater Hamilton Area, or fully remote work available
· Full-time permanent position
· $50,000-$55,000/year plus benefits
· Excellent entry-level opportunity to work with an innovative company, working to revolutionize the automotive retail industry
Who are you?
You’re an early career or entry-level Quality Assurance professional, seeking an exciting new opportunity with a software company. You have a curious mind, a great attention to detail, and are committed to high quality in your work.
Maybe you have a background in quality assurance, in other software development settings, or perhaps you are postgraduate looking for a career start in quality assurance – if this sounds like you and you’re ready to take on a new challenge, look no further.
Who is the employer?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a software company on a mission to provide the automotive industry with an effective, innovative alternative to physical auctions as a method to buy and sell vehicles. They have been writing software for the automotive industry for the better part of two decades now and have a lot of in-house knowledge to share.
They are a team of talented, passionate people, with a flexible, nimble and casual culture. And now they’re looking for you: their new Quality Assurance Analyst
What you’ll be doing
As the new Quality Assurance Analyst, you will work as part of a small, close-knit and highly motivated development team, and be involved in all aspects of product evolution from inception to implementation. Together with your team, you will deliver software that you can feel proud of, while having fun along the way.
You will become comfortable with identifying test scenarios and writing and executing manual test cases. As your role evolves, you will learn all aspects of industry-standard QA practices and processes and test automation. You will provide documentation of all QA deliverables and status reports, and ensure quality issues and defects are identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
Practically speaking, you will also:
- Collaborate with the SCRUM team to support user story and task estimation, design and implement test scenarios and test cases, and support release delivery processes using Agile methodologies
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Engineering team members during all stages of the software development life cycle
- As a member of the Scrum team, provide daily testing status updates while escalating issues or roadblocks
- Be curious and willing to learn about automation testing techniques, how to write scripts, which tools to use, all with knowledge transfer to you from existing company resources
- Review user story specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback in the context of test design & execution for both manual and (eventually) automated testing
- Ensure full lifecycle testing, including functional, integration, regression, performance/load tests as well as post-production deployment smoke tests etc.
- Design and execute detailed and comprehensive test cases in Microsoft DevOps
- Log detailed bug tickets, and reproduce them as needed for development team members, then tracking the defects through to resolution
- Provide off-hours support as required for project testing, production deployments, maintenance windows and emergency production investigations
- Take initiative for software quality process efficiency and improvements
This is a full-time permanent position. The Canadian head office is based in Burlington, so ideally you’ll live close enough to be able to come into the office about once per week, with the rest of the time working remotely (their team is still working remotely). For the right candidate, there may be an option to work fully remotely.
This position offers a competitive annual salary ($50,000-$55,000/year), excellent benefits, and a highly flexible work environment.
What you’ll bring
Though 1+ year of Quality Assurance experience is preferred, we are also open to recent grads who have completed a relevant post-secondary degree.
· Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Business Systems Analysis, Software Engineering, or related
· Ideally, 1+ years of proven working experience in a quality assurance or other software development setting is an asset, or postgraduate looking for a career start
· Awareness of Agile SCRUM methodologies and processes is an asset
· Working knowledge with Agile DevOps projects preferred
· Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal English communication skills
· ISTQB, Agile or other related certifications are an asset
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.