- Job no: 55273ENBJP00013913
- Category: Engineering
On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for an Industrial Control System (ICS) Engineer in Houston, TX.
The Industrial Control System (ICS) Engineer is responsible for the analysis, review, development, maintenance, and implementation of automation and control systems used by the control center.
Also helps to ensure work is completed efficiently and supports project schedule milestones.
- Provides technical support using HMI tools such as database configuration utilities, graphics editor, and other administration tools.
- Active participant with operational change management
- Provides leadership, along with the Clients' Technical Authority, for the overall instrument and control design efforts
- Ensures that appropriate design specifications and standards are being used in the design process
- Ensures project design is consistent with the client's integrity management standard use of Guidance on Certification and industry standards
- Reviews and provides comments on instrumentation and control designs
- Reviews P&ID's, loop drawings, instrument specifications, and instrument selection
- Provides safe, operable, and efficient equipment designs that are aligned with EHS standards, policies, and procedures.
- Perform break-fix and troubleshooting support of HMI applications and their related infrastructure including business interfaces, remote devices, HMI network, and hardware platforms.
- Assists in checkout, commissioning, and startup
- Assists with the development of operation procedures and training
- Communicates and coordinates with Project Engineers and Project Leads
- Monitors performance of Engineering Contractor discipline engineers and reports deviations from acceptable performance
- Coordinates work efforts with the Technical Authority
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or; Masters Degree a plus; or equivalent experience.
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience