- Job no: J33QH
- Categories: Engineering
Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Scada Design Specialist. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Contribute to the development of safe engineering solutions by performing activities such as studies of limited scope and applying prescribed methods and techniques in solving problems for projects and/or operations.
- Assist with specific aspects of more complex engineering activities adhering to prescribed analysis, design, or computation methods by following established practices working under close supervision of a senior professional engineer who reviews work for accuracy, adequacy, and conformance with prescribed procedures.
- Participate in engineering practice using initiative and judgement in making a few routine technical decisions, applying standards, and following detailed instructions so that engineering standards are maintained.
- Perform periodic tasks independently which may include on-site construction quality control and monitoring to ensure design compliance.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with automation devices such as SCADA controllers, programmable controllers (PLC) or substation automation controllers is preferred.
- Experience in regulated industries such as Oil & Gas, utilities, lumber or similar is an asset.
- Autocad experience is an asset.
- NERC standards experience is an asset.
- Ability to use standard industry design/analysis software.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
- Candidates located in Vancouver preferred.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 23 Apr 2021, 11:58 PM