Total Rewards Specialist (Remote)
- Remote opportunity
- 6-month contract role
- Competitive salary range, commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to be part of an innovative, fun team in a certified Great Place to Work® company
You’re an experienced total rewards professional, with proven experience successfully building and implementing strategic total rewards functions at fast-growing companies looking to scale.
If you’re in search of a new challenge, and an opportunity to partner closely with executives and company leaders as a strategic advisor, this could be your next role.
Who are we?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a robotics company with a vision to bring robotic solutions into everyday life. Their ground-breaking product is deployed around the world and trusted by leading facilities and building service companies. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, they offer comprehensive service and support to customers on 5 continents.
Now, they are looking you, their new Total Rewards Specialist.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Total Rewards Specialist, you will have the unique opportunity to join the growing HR team to help build the foundations of a strategic Total Rewards function.
Reporting directly to the VP, People & Culture, this role will be key to help the company continue to scale by leading the creation of compensation programs and benchmarking the current benefit plans.
Working in close collaboration with the VP, People & Culture, you will:
- Design and implement compensation programs including job evaluation and grading structure, market pricing, and pay equity reviews
- Evaluate and update current sales commission strategy
- Partner with finance to develop a go forward approach to options and company equity
- Propose a best practice incentive program for a scaling start up
- Review and benchmark current Benefit offerings in North America
- Evaluate Wellness offerings and vacation policy and update if required
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team to design a go forward merit process
- Work with current vendors to establish regular QBR’s and SLA’s
This is an exciting, challenging, and extremely rewarding opportunity for a motivated and experienced total rewards professional looking to make a meaningful impact at a growing company. If you’re intrigued, then we want to meet you.
This is a full-time contract position, offering a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Their office is based in Kitchener, but this position is open to candidates in any geographic area. If you are local to the Kitchener area, working in office is an option.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years in human resources with a focus on total rewards and compensation
- Previous experience building and implementing Total Rewards programs and strategy
- Strong knowledge of the current start-up tech market
- Ability to educate and influence at the Executive level
- Balance of strategic thinking and the willingness to execute
- Resourceful personality who enjoys problem solving and navigating organizations independently
- Relevant professional designation (i.e. CCP) is a bonus but not required
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.