- Job no: HQ4NB
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution, and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Application Developer / Scada Systems. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Edmonton, Alberta.
To Enhance Pipeline Control and Leak Detection (SCADA) systems in support of Control Centre Operations and related business areas. The primary focus of this role will be
- Planning, estimating, designing, developing and testing for critical software applications in order to deliver quality software products and services and to satisfy the business needs of the client business units, within the specified time and budget.
- Work with staff from other areas for the overall benefit of Pipeline Control Systems & Leak Detection (PCSLD)
- Maintain and enhance existing Pipeline Control & Leak Detection products and technologies.
- Participate in the research, design, development, and testing of new products and/or functional enhancements to existing products, and their implementation into the SCADA and/or Leak Detection systems.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, application testing and configuration changes, as a member of the team which takes ownership of custom-developed SCADA and Leak Detection software products.
- Be responsive, supportive, and available to other PCSLD teams in support of Control Centre Operations and other business areas.
- Demonstrate technical leadership on projects and to members of the team.
- Support SCADA Operations through the 7X24 call-out for Tier 3 escalation rotation
- Demonstrate commitment to the Software Solutions team and its success.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Software Development best practices, standards, and operating procedures as applicable to mission critical, SCADA and Leak Detection software development.
- Perform code reviews on developers of all experience levels, with the ability to give and take constructive feedback.
- Prepare and maintain documentation as per standards.
- Participate in the Health and Safety program.
- Deliver customer requirements with consideration to overall corporate strategy.
- Assist clients with the adoption of new technologies and business processes.
- Demonstrate technical leadership on projects, project teams and product development.
- Maintain leading edge technical skills through regular technical training, industry conferences, and internal cross-training, and use that knowledge to help the entire team stay current on industry/technology trends.
- Involvement in design/code reviews and technology investigations required for projects involving the Software Solutions Team.
- Design, develop, and implement SCADA and/or Leak Detection applications/products.
- Provide input and feedback on the team’s Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and quality processes to ensure continuous improvement within the team.
- Regular communication with project managers and/or Supervisor
- Relevant degree / diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 4 + years of experience.
- Strong industry expertise in C#, Python and/or Java with an excellent track record of designing and implementing complex system software.
- Some knowledge and experience in SCADA, communication protocols, PLC/RTU/DCS data driver development and both historical and real-time data access methodologies. considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of Unix and/or Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to junior staff
- Strong analytical communications and problems solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good presentation skills and ability to write technical documents/specifications.
- Sound organizational skills. Able to handle multiple tasks and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, priority-changing environment.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 11 Jun 2021, 12:58 AM