- Job no: HK8DA
- Categories: Operations
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a 2 Buyers / Supply Chain Analysts to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for eight (8) months located in Edmonton, Alberta.
This position supports the execution of service requisitions in support of all project, departments, and regions and is focused on the development of the request for proposals, evaluation, award, and execution of work order contracts. Contributes to the achievement of project cost, schedule, quality, and EH&S goals and ensures compliance with Company Policy, Supply I Chain Management Protocol and Project Execution Plans.
- Executes the complete procurement process from preparing all aspects of competitive bids through to, commercial evaluation, recommendations, and purchase order issuance.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing procedures and that user requirements are met.
- Develop, negotiate, and assist in the execution of supplier agreement.
- Obtains optimized pricing and cost efficient methods to assist in company- wide cost saving measures.
- Research sources of supply, review sole source validity and determine methods of procurement action.
- Negotiates with suppliers the terms and conditions, pricing, delivery, payment terms, cancellation charges, liquidated damages clauses, warranty, scope of work and change orders as required.
- Utilizing ERP Systems: Oracle R12, Oracle Cloud, SAP, Maximo.
- Evaluates supplier performance and addresses inefficiencies as required via feedback loop in Maximo
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedure, and audit guidelines/Sox requirements.
- Issues and approves purchase orders per ASL.
- Investigates and facilitates issue resolution relative to procurement activities as requested
- Acts as a liaison between project managers and/or consultants and suppliers. (prior to issuance of order)
- Researches and implements cost saving initiatives.
- Mentors, guides and trains department staff or end user department personnel as required.
- Understands and participates in Supply Chain Management Department team initiatives.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of market conditions and industry trends relating to Supply Chain Management as it pertains to their category.
- Liaise with customers to assist in managing and updating Service Requisition and Work Order Contract status tracking e.g., requisition receipt, RFP status, interim approvals, execution, contractor notification, etc.
- In depth understanding of SCM standards and processes, e.g., communicating with Field Project Engineers and Managers, Construction Managers and Contractors to ensure processes are current and correct.
- Provide support to all business units in the development and approval of Service Requisitions and associated documentation.
- Assist in or have oversight on administering the Request for Proposal (RFP), commercial analysis, award recommendation and completion of the Work Order Contract(s)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 to7 years of procurement experience either MCC & MRO or Professional Services
- Post- secondary education (Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Comm., Finance, Business Admin,) Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Post-secondary Business PMAC, ISM or Paralegal training an asset
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCPM)/Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) enrollment beneficial.
- Experience with ERP Systems: Oracle R12, Oracle Cloud, SAP, Maximo.
- Contract knowledge and understanding.
- Time management skillset and organizational capabilities to support various projects and assignments while managing the daily workload.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 06 Apr 2021, 3:10 PM