- Job no: HJDMC
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for a Platform Developer. This is a contract position for four (4) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Platform Developer position consists of building reusable API templates and CI/CD pipelines in a Data and AI services platform to enable self-service by our delivery teams. Workloads are primarily python based applications deployed in a GCP Cloud environment.
- Responsible for maintaining the operational functionality of the platform and its components.
- Creation of new Data and AI service patterns developed on requirements from delivery teams and architecture, as well as updates and improvements on existing applications.
- Strong communication & technology skills are required to interface with centralized technology and security groups, as well as other developers and data scientists.
- Provide input to design, implementation and the ongoing support of the platform actively facilitating continuous improvement
- Backend programming experience (Python/Flask) and Web services/API experience (RESTful)
- Experience working with CICD Pipelines (e.g. GitLab CI, Circle CI, Jenkins etc.)
- Intermediate Knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker/Helm
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies/Platforms (Compute Engines, PubSub, BigQuery, etc.)
- Source code management appropriately using versioncontrol tools and best practices
- Application design defining how an application will work and what features and components it will have
- Understanding of best practices regarding securing data, data privacy and regulation
- Application maintenance and monitoring including application support, assessment, troubleshooting, modifications, performance improvement, and security
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal to explain technical issues regarding all supported applications
Additional Skills "Nice to Have":
- Infrastructureascode (e.g. Terraform)
- Familiarity with Data Modelling, Data Exploration, Data Science/Analytics
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 14 May 2021, 9:16 PM