Our multinational electricity and gas utility client is hiring Contract Manager, supports the business in interpretation of the contract, understanding of business requirements, best outcomes in change order and claim resolution, solutions to emergent in -year resourcing, assignments, support for highest level performance by the contractors, while maximizing value throughout. The project is based in Waltham, MA for a contract duration of 8 months.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
This opening is for (Gas or Electric) Contract Manager.
• Works with the Internal Stakeholders, Engineering group, and Engineering Firms (contractors) for ongoing management of contracts holding contractors accountable to for schedules, pricing, terms of the contract as well as handle change orders and issues, etc.
• Expert level consultative support on changes in scope, contract language issues, change order and dispute resolution;
• Develop KPIs and performance management program based on contract requirements to measure contractor
• Conduct periodic reviews with contractor and stakeholders to ensure alignment and compliance to terms and expectations on projects
• Review mini bids as part of the process for assignment to Engineering MSA contractors. Assist in review of invoices to ensure proper billing, use of contract pricing, and adherence to terms
• Liaison to internal Legal Counsel on contract review, negotiations, and dispute resolution.
• Consistent and active communication with vendors throughout all levels of the organization.
• Develop and maintain a relationship with all internal stakeholders, presentation to leadership.
• Issue resolution – routinely field calls/emails from contractors and internal stakeholders on a variety of issues. Understand and document issues, talk with all applicable parties, organize ideas and make recommendation on optimal solution, propose and gain buy-in on solution, and update documents as required.
• Support Securing Resources team during major weather events in New York & New England. Responsibilities could include procuring, processing, or tracking contractor crews. Storm support is required 365 days a year and may involve weekend and Holiday work as needed.
• Candidates must be adept in developing and interpreting contract terms, negotiating and managing contractors to the terms, expertise in written and oral communication, able to communicate and present to all levels of the organization
• 5+ years of directly applicable contracting experience or lesser years of experience if possessing law degree and legal background (gas/utility engineering and or construction contracting experience preferred).
• Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities; organized, detail oriented, able to make independent decisions with high degree of confidence
• Demonstrates the ability to interpret information and analyze relationships among several parts of a problem or situation in order to clearly articulate the findings and anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead about next steps.
• Demonstrates competency in conflict resolution, negotiations and reporting.
• Understands theory behind policies and processes and demonstrates the ability to challenge existing processes and ways of working e.g. taking action to avoid future crisis or create opportunities to improve existing practices
• Bachelor’s degree required. Masters level in engineering and/or a business or legal discipline preferred. Minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience in a number of roles requiring successful management of contracts, change, involvement in strategic planning and budgetary monitoring and control is preferred.
• Regulatory understanding
• Self-managed, decisive and able to prioritize, organized and articulate,
• Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, Microsoft Project and Primavera P6 (optional but desired).
• Further skills that would be a plus are earned value management, EVMS, certifications in contract management, project management, JD, other relevant disciplines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Contract Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.