- Job no: H3J8M
- Categories: Customer Service
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Customer service focus and ability to relate in a tactful and sensitive manner with staff, residents and the general public.
- Demonstrated excellence in spoken communications in English.
- Previous experience working in a customer service role preferred.
- Able to work well under pressure and ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Able to follow evolving Ministry Protocols- flexible and adaptable to changes in process, while enforcing in a respectable manner.
- Organizational skills (i.e. manage appointments for visitors).
- Experience with problem solving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for screening all employees entering into the Home for symptoms of COVID-19, temperatures are taken twice a shift and all staff are given PPE’s (mask, goggles/face shield).
- Ensure all individuals entering the Home wash their hands using hand sanitizer.
- Greet and engage all people entering the building using a standardized health questionnaire and performing a temperature check.
- Assist with our visitor process includes booking appointments and PPE training for all visitors.
- Reports any contravention of the LTCHA or the regulations, or any hazard to their immediate supervisor/Manager and or RN on duty.
- Complies with and maintains competence in the Home’s emergency procedures and use of related equipment; responds promptly and appropriately to emergency alarms and the instruction of delegated staff relating to emergencies.
- Maintains a high level of respect of confidentiality for the organization and the residents served as per the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection and Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and Personal Health Information Privacy and Protection Act (PHIPPA);
- Manage PPE stock in work area, wear required PPE,
- Disinfecting workspace throughout shift (i.e. including high touch surfaces).
- Other related duties as requested and required;
- 8-12 Hour shifts. Days and Nights
Requirements: Polite, competent, able to work in a team setting, good communicator and follow the rules. They will have to be tested for COVID-19 prior to start and get a negative result. After that they would be tested weekly by us like all staff. They will need to wear full PPE.
Shifts: Ideally 6:30 to 2:30 and 2:30 to 11:30 – if you would like to do 12 hours we are able to be flexible. Because covering an after-hour/over-night shift is also needed, we are looking to hire a minimum of 3 staff however 4 would be preferred so we have flexibility and a back-up in case a team member is unable to work a scheduled shift on short-notice.
- Published on 30 Jan 2021, 1:52 AM