On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Document Control Specialist in Houston, TX.
Supporting US Core Projects, This role provides vital support to Projects business through effective records management processes.
· The Document Management Analyst will provide a broad range of intermediate level support to Projects group in records management activities during all stages of the projects including the final records turnover process.
· Verifying Projects records (Construction, Engineering, Vendor, Quality, X-Rays, etc. ) in hardcopies and electronic files mostly in pdf format.
· Software: Bluebeam, SharePoint, Excel, Word, Visio, InfoPath, Power BI.
· Manages release and control of updates to project: instructions, specifications, drawings and other documentation. Controls distribution of new releases and recall/destruction of obsolete documents, both electronic and hard copy.
· Responsible for manual and electronic archiving of documentation. Comprehension of engineering and project documentation. 0-3 years of experience
· This role will ensure that project records/drawings are received, reviewed, assessed, processed and turned over to EIM in accordance with Corporate Procedures and Policies.
· Engage Project teams and internal/external stakeholders by providing training related to the Project Records Management Procedure (PRMP).
· Coordinate with Project teams and Engineering Consultants to ensure that vendor records are turned over according to the Final Vendor Data Work Instruction.
· Perform vendor completeness check between vendor and commissioning records.
· Collect and ensure red line markups are completed as per internal procedure and As-Built meet Engineering Drawing Standards and Redline Markup Procedure.
· Perform quality checks to the Project SharePoint sites to ensure they are utilized for controlling, storing and classifying project records accordingly.
· Scan completed and assessed hard copy records and supply metadata according to Technical Records Standards
· Perform reviews on peer records processing (scanning and metadata) in order to make sure that they are deficiency free before turning over to Technical Records for final review and archive.
· Assisting with the continuous improvement and development of records management standards, practices and protocols.
· Liaise with Technical Records and Technical Drawings regarding the Turn Over process for Project Records and Drawings.
· Liaise with stakeholders to determine requirements; working with the approved procedures and assisting Project Teams in completions of Project Records Turnover.