Microservices Developer (2 Positions)
· Markham, ON
· Senior and Junior role available
· Engaging company culture that is social and innovative
Innovation happens at the intersection of precision and purpose; today, technology is achieving new and amazing things every day, and we have an opportunity for you to be part of that process.
We at Ian Martin are hiring for an amazing tech company that is harnessing the power of geographical data. Using large and small-scale satellite imagery with detailed historical databases, our client empowers decision makers by providing a wide range of accurate image and data types—everything from vegetation to infrastructure.
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a successful and growing tech company that does innovative, engaging work.
Here’s some of the things you’ll be working on:
· Interact with product owners and scientists to understand the application technology
direction/changes, standards and best practices
· Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify computer programs of high
complexity and significance using approved life cycle methodologies
· Perform and/or lead design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of
· Perform hands on coding using Python
· Design, develop, and implement web-based Python applications to support business
· Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of
· Resolve technical issues for designers and developers through debugging, research, and
· Contribute to the design and development of high-quality software for large scale microservice applications
· Analyze requirements and create technical design documents that are in accordance
with the company's architecture standards
· Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved
This is a full-time permanent role with salary commensurate with your experience. With 50 employees, this role offers the best of both large and small business; you’ll have the security of working with an established company, and the ability to collaborate and have your hard work be noticed.
We are hiring both a junior and senior developer and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Requirements and Qualifications
· 5+ years of development experience and 3+ years of microservices experience in a technical lead role (Senior developer)
· 2-3 years of development experience (Junior developer)
· Must have technical skills including REST, JSON, Python, Docker, DevOps, Micro Services, Serverless development/deployment on AWS & Azure platforms, agile practices
· Excellent understanding of microservices architecture
· Ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice based
· Demonstrated knowledge of oAuth token-based authentication protocol
· Experience working in an agile environment with multiple teams
· Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
The following would be considered assets
· Web UI design/development experience
· Knowledge of relational databases
· C++ coding experience
Applying through Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of vast network of employers and opportunities that are always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.