We are looking for a Project cost controller to join our client’s team in Jackson, MI
· Project cost controller's main duty is to track and control the costs associated with one or more of their employer's projects.
· Typical responsibilities include invoice review and tracking, contractor T&M ticket review and tracking, administering project change control documentation, data entry for miscellaneous reporting activities, and any other task related to the support of project cost control.
· This position commonly serves as a support role to the primary project cost controller but may sometimes operate alone with management oversight.
· Project Cost Controller is expected to be well organized, detail oriented, and have demonstrable proficiencies in basic computing skills.
· Person interested in this position must have an above average understanding in the use of Excel spreadsheets and at least a basic understanding of construction projects, contracting, and accounting principles.
· This position also requires someone who can take direction, prioritize tasks, and complete work in a punctual manner.
· Communication skills are important both written and verbal.
· Need some level of higher education and/or relatable work experience dealing with project cost control and monitoring.
· Higher educational degrees in construction/project management or engineering are desirable, but degrees in business, accounting, or finance are also suitable.
· Relatable work experience would include any verifiable positions held where project cost control activities were being performed and the candidate can demonstrate the application of project management concepts.
· Certifications from PMI or AACE will set candidates apart from others.