Machine Operator (Digital Information and Security)
· Atlanta, GA
· Starts as contract, with potential to become permanent
· Pay rate of $12/hr
· Day shift – 2:15PM to 11:00 PM
· Must be able to lift 40lbs
There’s nothing better than getting to the end of a shift, and feeling excited about the next day.
You want a role that will keep you moving, and keep you thinking. You love learning on the job, and the satisfaction of getting things done well. If your work makes a difference for thousands of people, even better!
Our client is a global leader in the technological systems our world relies on. With a 100+ year history in the US, and a presence in aerospace, defence, space, and cybersecurity, you’ve benefitted from their work without even realizing it.
The division that’s hiring a machine operator is Digital Identity and Security. They design, deliver and support the systems and components that keep information safe and secure. That’s everything from SIM cards, to key passes, to credit cards.
In this role, you’ll be running and maintaining card production equipment that produces personalized credit and debit cards.
Specifically, you will:
- Prioritize the production work that you’re assigned
- Make sure you have the supplies you need, which may include ordering
- Carry out production, inspection, packaging, all with an eye for quality
- Perform simple adjustments and maintenance on the equipment as required
- Solve practical problems where limited standardization or guidance exists
- Use our computer systems to scan, track and test jobs
You’ll appreciate the combination of independence and support there. Operators, technicians, and supervisors work together on the toughest problems, and support one another. If you can thrive there, this role can become permanent, and you can build a career.
- Ability to lift 40lbs, and stand while operating a machine for your shift
- 1+ year of experience as a machine operator, or related experience
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Basic math skills, and experience with computers
- Mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.