Our client is hiring for Hedge Fund Operations Analyst in New York, NY. This is a contract opportunity for 06 months with possible conversion. Will consider recent grade with a Financial Degree and high energy.
• Primary focus is on execution within defined parameters, with some expansion based on developing capabilities and/or experiences, in partnership with more experienced staff.
• The analyst will play a key role in i) obtaining independent valuations and returns associated with hedge fund positions in the trading portfolio; ii) perform all aspects of alternative asset operations including subscriptions, redemptions and fee calculations related to hedge fund transactions; iii) perform daily reconciliation of the bank’s cash accounts; iv) support security settlement for AAG and Muni GIC desks. All responsibilities carried out in accordance with Code of Conduct, RBC Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles.
• Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. Individuals at this level are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. Individuals would be expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific function. May also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as "owner".
• Monitor mailboxes for pricing and actionable items
• Source pricing for hedge funds
• Save and retrieve statements as required
• Communicating with hedge fund managers and administrators in order to independently value hedge fund returns and valuations;
• Verify and obtain sign-off on product related transactions;
• Prepare and confirm fee calculations due to hedge funds and counterparties;
• Maintain statements received from hedge funds;
• Support various front office teams with respect to hedge fund prices and valuations;
• Maintain information related to hedge funds and ensure that the proper parties receive the relevant information;
• Review and prepare daily reconciliation across multiple accounts and follow through on breaks to resolve
• Coordinate and process transactions across multiple systems;
• Review and update wire instructions;
• Coordinate outgoing wire payments;
• Identify and advise on incoming cash transactions;
• Coordinate daily funding needs for desk;
• Pledge loans, CD’s and securities to the Federal Reserve Bank in accordance with the bank’s liquidity requirements;
• Monitor the loan portfolio lodged at the Federal Reserve Bank in accordance with Borrower–In-Custody (“BIC”) requirements;
• Process deposit and withdrawal of physical securities held in a correspondent account with the client and maintain proper recordkeeping;
• Ensure the daily settlements of all Muni GIC securities;
• Ensure amortization schedules of GICs and Assets based on prepayment speeds and assumptions;
• Maintain daily and forecasted cash flows for accuracy;
• Ensure daily Accounting is properly stated and classified based on daily trading and customer transactions.
• Typically includes Rotational Analysts, Recent college graduates, and lateral employees with little or no relevant Operations experience.
• A bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics;
• 1-3 years of work experience preferable
• Reasonable understanding of financial markets and products;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Access;
• Excel/VBA Programming preferable
• Keen attention to detail.
• MS Excel
• VBA Macros, big plus.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Hedge Fund Operations Analyst, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.