- Job no: GCAKX
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Grapic Designer /User Experience Designer. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
WHAT YOU’LL DO as the USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
- You’ll bring deep functional expertise in the field of design to conceptualize and frame product designs that can drive distinctive and significant impact for the user, ensuring large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and driving competitive advantage for as a whole
- You’ll lead all upfront design efforts to determine what products the product teams will build – lead product teams through design thinking sessions to land on outputs
- You’ll oversee the user experience and interface efforts for the team, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality product for end users
- You’ll build mock-ups and wireframes for both mobile and web pages that the front-end or full stack developer can translate into code
- You’ll design prototypes that showcase the user flow and interactions
- You’ll conduct user experience research and testing through media such as A/B testing, interviews, etc.
- You’ll collaborate with Product Owner and end-users to ensure the solution satisfies requirements for each user personas
WHO YOU ARE
- Are you a skilled UX and visual designer and use a diverse set of software to create high quality consumer products
- Are you an experienced in designing user interfaces that satisfy measures of effectiveness and suitability.
- Are you able to craft visually capturing user journeys and wireframes to articulate the problem and craft a solution
- Are you knowledgeable in planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping in an Agile environment
- Do you take a design thinking approach to solving business problems, from a user-centric standpoint, and following an iterative process.
- Are you a strong communicator who articulates and optimizes design based on the value to the user and the business
- Do you work effectively in a team setting and easily synthesize abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Are you are passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Degree in a related field
- 3 years of previous experience conducting UX design for industrial applications in an en enterprise setting.
- Have a high proficiency in the use of Sketch and/or InVision Studio.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 10 Feb 2021, 9:41 PM