We are seeking a Engineering Technician who will be responsible to ensure testing is executed and functioning as required throughout the testing process for a 6 months contract assignment in Austin, TX.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends when project requires support
· Collaborate daily with members of multiple engineering teams to ensure that all test results provide the highest level on confidence
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· Experience working in Engineering Lab, Data Center or Server Room
· Maintain systems used for testing, including repair/rework and hardware changes, software, and firmware.
· Excellent track record of working as a Lab Tech, Data Center Tech, or similar role.
· Excels at troubleshooting computer and electro-mechanical systems including use of testing equipment and tools.
· Windows and Linux environments troubleshooting skills and administration experience
· Responsible for maintaining and debug of platforms and test equipment
· Run system health check tests from a pre-defined test plan
· Must maintain a stable testing environment and debug issues that occur with urgency.
· Ability to perform Technician and System administration tasks
· Bring up, monitor, maintain Windows and Linux servers
· Server/Computer troubleshooting and repair/replace (Motherboard, CPU, Memory, etc.)
· Software installation (Automated and command line process)
· Familiarity with Intel architecture
· Prior hands on experience replacing Server hardware, CPUs, motherboards, hard drives, and other electronics is required
· Experience in the preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing Servers, PC’s, and various test equipment
· Proven working experience in lab balancing multiple priorities effectively
· Follow inventory control practices for asset protection
· Strong knowledge of wired networks working with routers, modems, switches, KVM
· Extensive knowledge of Windows and Linux
· Python scripting experience required and ability to run tests and debug components from command line interfaces.
· Firmware and driver management and updates
Applicants with an BS in Computer Science, AS in Electronics Technician, System Administration, or equivalent field or equivalent experience and Relevant technical certifications will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.