The IT Reporting and Analytics Consultant Level 3 performs integration, design, and implementation of various reporting and analytics projects; provides direction and acts as lead consultant to support business operations in achieving BC Hydro’s organizational objectives and analytics projects to support business operations in achieving BC Hydro’s organizational objectives.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum nine (9) years of consulting experience in reporting and analytics or equivalent.
• Perform integration, design, and implementation of various reporting and analytics projects by determining business requirements and feasible technical options to support business operations in achieving BC Hydro’s organizational objectives.
• Review functional specification documents and present the proposed technical design to the development leads for review using excellent analytical skills and communication skills to ensure that the design meets BC Hydro’s business requirements.
• Develop sustainable reporting solutions efficiently by following the architectural direction and technical design approved by the solution/technical lead so that projects are completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
• Maintain reporting solutions by performing operational routine sustainment activities efficiently and on time to support multiple project and sustainment teams across the organization.
• Collaborate with functional and technical teams by validating business/information requirements, translating them into a conceptual business design model, and troubleshooting development items to deliver sustainable technical solutions.
• Monitor solution development by providing timely status updates to the team lead on work progress and current issues to ensure that the work is packaged and structured according to standards.
• Document technical solutions and new work procedures by creating process flows, job aids, and standard operating procedures to support end users in the organization.
• Provide guidance and technical expertise to other groups in the organization on reporting and analytical techniques to continuously build capability and capacity at BC Hydro
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
• Expert technical skills in data models, Dashboard, Analysis, and Web Intelligence
• Expert performance tuning skills
• Advanced working knowledge and experience in the design and construction of data/information architectures that enable integrated reporting and analytical solutions
• Advanced working knowledge of change management procedures and policies
• Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them to functional requirements
- Create custom SQL and VBA codes to automate logic and provide preliminary decision making options
- Perform UATs, make adjustments to improve user experience, and maintain version control