Our multinational electricity and gas utility client is currently hiring Construction Cost Manager in Waltham, MA for a contract duration of 12 months. If you have experience in complex construction projects with a specialized focus in change order management, read on . .. this position may be for you!
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
Looking to employ best practices in cost control across a large portfolio of gas complex projects. The ideal candidates will have a construction management and/or engineering background with experience in: negotiating change orders to achieve best value, reviewing and interpreting drawings, scope documents, and contracts, and achieving results.
To be great in this role you'll need to have strong Stakeholder management skills and the ability to forge good working relationships. This should be coupled with effective commercial acumen and decision making that will deliver business goals.
To ensure that client achieves value for money and that the contractor delivers the work that they are contracted to deliver at the price they committed to. To support the delivery and project management teams, advising on best practice for Contract Management for contracted complex projects. To be responsible for ensuring all costs for an assigned portfolio of projects are reviewed and robustly challenged against appropriate benchmarks and cost databases.
· Provide contract support, guidance and advice to the project delivery teams to ensure compliance and contractor costs are robustly managed across the portfolio of projects.
· By working with the Project Manager and Construction Supervisor validate claims/change orders submitted by the contractor to ensure National Grid achieves value for money.
· Identify early warnings, and assist with and monitor appropriate risk mitigation.
· Support the Project Manager with site progress and work completion status enabling accurate and timely cost and schedule update.
· Regularly review and monitor contractor progress of the assigned portfolio of projects to verify the costs and progress of job as compared to the Earned Value report.
· Support Project Manager to verify forecast accuracy based on crew efficiency, change impacts, etc.
· Ensure contract compliance through effective contract management activities
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
· Construction project experience– understanding of the nature of construction projects and the effective / professional approach to delivery.
· Construction contractual knowledge – ability to interpret and apply contract clauses to ensure client commercial interests are protected.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Construction Cost Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.