Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON/ North York, ON is looking to hire a Engineer in Training (EIT) I for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
Are you Engineer in Training with interest in the field of pipeline integrity? Do you enjoy planning and executing processes, practices and projects for Integrity Management programs? We have an industry-leading pipeline integrity team and are looking for an EIT to join our team.
Here's what you will do:
• Ensure pipeline Threat Assessments and Integrity Plans are completed for assigned pipelines, including Fitness for Service assessments
• Execute on all threat management programs on assigned segments of the Client GDS system.
• Ensure pipeline Integrity Plans are complete and designed for achieving safety targets including zero rupture and zero leak goals.
• Conduct pipeline integrity assessment and analysis for pipeline integrity threat management programs related to the Client GDS system, including Corrosion, Crack, Deformation Threat Management and interacting threats
• Assess pipelines for retrofits prior to in-line inspection, select inspection technologies and techniques, determine re-inspection frequency of pipelines
• Analyze data from Inline Inspection, Direct Assessment, Hydrotesting and Nondestructive Examination (NDE) field results and determine actionable requirements such as Integrity Digs and Repairs, as well as pipeline Fitness for Service
• Ensure the continued compliance of integrity management processes with regulations, standards and best practices.
• Support stakeholders on integrity matters
University Degree in Engineering
• Valid class G drivers’ license and maintenance of a responsible driving record.
• Ability to think analytically and perform detailed analysis.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time and meet defined timelines.
• Ability to work with minimal oversight
• Must be computer literate (familiarity with PC applications).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Organized and strategic thinker.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.