Our Electric Utility client is hiring for Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis IT (Information Technology) will support budgeting and forecasting for client IT organization; work with Finance Business Partnering teams and other FP&A teams to meet companywide financial and strategic objectives. The project is located in Waltham, MA for a contract duration of 12 months.
Key Accountabilities (published in job description):
• Analyze financial data and provide forecasting support; prepare reports and projections based on financial data
• Produce budgets, models and associated documents in line with both Corporate FP&A and wider business needs
• Collaborate with Finance Business Partnering to: Develop, drive and challenge business assumptions that are critical to each relevant businesses or group in respect of short-term results and longer-term strategy
• Run scenario analyses and other ad-hoc requests for key investment decisions, prospective rate filings, etc.
• Collaborate with the wider FP&A team in respect of consolidated client budgets and business plans
• Support the requirements, governance and timeline of the overarching plan to perform process
• Analyze allocations to client OpCos, using trend analysis and comparisons to budgeted and forecasted allocations
• Partner with Accounting counterparts within the Controllership to ensure proper tie-in between record to report and plan to perform processes (i.e., bridge from actuals to budget/forecast)
• Work with peers within the US controllership to drive an inclusive and collaborative team environment Experience Required
• Budgeting and long-term financial planning
• Financial analysis
• Utility accounting and finance experience (preferred)
• Finance/budgeting systems
• Effective business partnerships
• Working cross-functionally Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
• 5-7 years of progressive Finance experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're an Analyst, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.