Our client is one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada. They have an immediate need for a Solution Architect for their Cyber Security Program. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Vancouver, BC. The position will start out remote and move to the office when restrictions are lifted.
The IT Solution Architect Level 2 develops solution architectures and high-level designs for multiple, high risk, medium to large scale technology projects and initiatives to support business operations in achieving our organizational objectives.
Our client has 8+ projects coming up that including projects such as a firewall refresh project, web proxy project and access management project amongst others. They need an experience Solution Architect who has experience on large technology projects for IT infrastructure and networking and with some experience in cyber security.
· Must have 8+ years experience as a solution architect
· Must have experience architecting cyber security solutions
· Experience with infrastructure and networking solutions as outlined in the role specialty description.
· Utilities industry experience is an asset.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum eight (8) years of work experience as a solution or enterprise architect on large technology projects or equivalent.
• Deliver innovative solution architectures for multiple, high risk, medium to large scale technology projects and initiatives by completing problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and design, implementation, testing, training, and solution deployment to support business operations in achieving organizational objectives.
• Convert documented requirements both functional and non-functional into a solution architecture and design or validate that a vendor’s proposed solution architecture and design meet documented requirements, policies and standards.
• Conduct key technology decision evaluations while collaborating with business stakeholders, Enterprise Architecture, application, and infrastructure teams to produce sustainable and innovative solutions.
• Document and report on assigned projects by creating, collecting, reviewing, and updating documentation such as solution roadmaps and blueprints for current and new technology solutions so that projects are tracked accurately.
• Identify, assess, and communicate risks, contingencies, issues, and mitigations; drive the resolution of design and delivery issues with the project delivery units so that projects are implemented as planned.
• Contribute to assigned projects by delivering insights during solution definition, proof of concept, and pilot deployments including producing testing plans, implementation scope and strategies, and efforts estimations to complete design guidelines, trade-offs, architectural evaluations, recommendations, and decisions.
Education and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
· Master’s degree in computer science or related field, an asset
· Certificate in Technical/Solutions Architecture, SysOps, or Development – Associate level, an asset, Professional level preferred
· Expert skills in implementing enterprise grade software and hardware solutions involving complex large-scale architectures
· Advanced skills in architecture and service delivery frameworks such as TOGAF and ITIL
· Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Additional Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum nine (9) years of experience architecting cyber security solutioning using one or more of the following technologies and processes:
• Full-stack IT infrastructure:
o Operating systems — Windows, Unix and Linux
o IP networks — WAN and LAN
o Storage networks — Fibre Channel, iSCSI and NAS
o Backup networks and media
• Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies and services including or similar to:
o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
o Microsoft AD and Azure AD Services
o CA Identity Manager
o Amazon Web Service (AWS) IAM
• Experience conducting security postures of applications and infrastructure deployed to public cloud services.
Additional Education and Skills
• Solid understanding of emerging technology themes like mobility, cloud computing, advanced analytics, block-chain, IoT/OT
• Working knowledge of IT service management (e.g., ITIL-related disciplines):
o Change management
o Configuration management
o Asset management
o Incident management
o Problem management
The resource can work from home during COVID. Once COVID restrictions are lifted, they would be expected to work onsite at least 60% of the time in the downtown Vancouver office.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.