- Job no: EXFAK
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for an Solution Architect. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Holds Architectural Responsibility for the API Engineering project.
- Provides Thought leadership in the design of solutions.
- Collaborates with other Solution Architects to enable the delivery of solutions.
- Interacts directly with delivery teams.
- Assists in the design of solutions.
- Validates solution design decisions made by development teams.
- Manages exceptions to accepted patterns through the use of the Architectural Review Board.
- Experience in architecture, system design, application development and system integration with an agile project methodology
- Designing and implementing complex, multi-tier, end-to-end solutions
- Implementing solutions across multiple platforms and subsystems including Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Windows, Linux, Microsoft SQL Server (including SSIS and SSRS), Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Working with components from 3rd party cloud based service providers such as AWS, IBM Bluemix, Google Cloud platform, and etc.
- Working in the architecture and design of distributed applications using open standards and tools e.g. Cloud Foundry, REST, SOAP, OAuth, Open ID Connect, and etc.
- Ability to interpret and refine business requirements using a variety of mediums (i.e. interviewing stakeholders, prototyping, etc).
- Adept at recognizing patterns in business processes and discovering common features as candidates for potential software/service reusability.
- Ability to develop high level design documents addressing the business, infrastructure, security, support and operational needs of a solution
- Demonstrated capacity for problem solving, synthesis, and making sound recommendations and decisions
- Experience with service based architectures e.g. Service Oriented Architecture, micro services, etc with focus on delivery through web-based technologies
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas: JAVA-based application design, technologies (Servlets, EJB, JDBC, Swing, Java Security); Microsoft .NET application design, technologies; XML and related technologies (XSL/T, XML Schema); NodeJS design, Web Services design, technologies and standards (REST, SOAP, XML, WSDL, WS-*)
- General understanding of Enterprise Architecture (EA) and the TOGAF framework; ability to contribute to the development of EA artifacts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including polished presentation skills with the ability to deliver technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and understandable manner
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead assignments/teams and mentor others
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an IT Architecture role focusing on Banking, Trading, Brokerage, Wealth Management and/or Insurance related solutions. Should include several assignments that span the entire application development lifecycle including: defining requirements, architecture, prototyping, software and/or user interface design, database design and/or testing, implementation and technical documentation
- A university degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related IT discipline
- Architecture Modeling tools would be beneficial
- Provide excellent customer service, leadership, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
Additional Skills "Nice to Have"
- Previous experience in other financial industry technology areas such as Treasury systems, self-service banking channels (Web/Mobile/IVR), etc.
- TOGAF or SAP Enterprise Architecture certifications
- Process consulting certifications (i.e. Six Sigma, ITIL)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with traditional ESBs, event driven architectures (message queues/topics/streams/events), and workflow engines
- Knowledge of the SAP Ecosystem (S/4, HANA, SAP integration and development patterns), ideally core banking related (S/4 HANA Finance, TRBK, FPSL)
- Experience with securing APIs for external consumption
- Experience with legacy migration and transformation
- Knowledge of finance or related industry and its products and services
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 03 Jun 2021, 11:50 PM