Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a ICS Engineer This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta
The ICS Engineer performs a crucial role in ensuring the integrity, protection and reliability of the BC Pipeline Transmission SCADA system. This position is accountable for the analysis, review, development, maintenance and implementation of automation and control systems used by the control centers.
This role is in support of safe operations of the Gas Transmission system. The candidate will have day-to-day interaction with Gas Control, Facility Engineering, Field Operations, Gas Management, Measurement, Communications, Information Systems, IT Infrastructure, and other External Users to identify, report and resolve application and SCADA workflow problems.
- Ensure the availability, integrity and reliability of the SCADA applications.
- Perform break-fix and troubleshooting of SCADA applications and its related infrastructure including business interfaces, remote devices, SCADA network and hardware platforms.
- Conduct regular assessments to SCADA policies and procedures are being implemented as defined by TIS security standards and policies
- Uphold Management of Change practices pertaining to changes to the equipment and software
- Conduct lifecycle management and planning for SCADA system software, hardware and operating systems
- Ensures approved maintenance work is properly executed and documented.
- Provide user management workstation/server hardware specification, image management, lifecycle management and troubleshooting.
- Participate in Capital projects for all SCADA system related projects and provides SCADA subject matter expertise in designing, implementing and maintaining the SCADA system according to regulations (NEB Onshore Pipeline Regulations and CSA) and internal TIS policies.
- Support the completion of assigned capital projects through display builds and/or system configurations, and commissioning SCADA application changes following standard operating practices.
- Assess application deficiencies and evaluate vendor provided or 3rd party provided solutions via new components, upgrades or patches.
- Provide business support with reports and tools built on external platforms integrated with SCADA applications.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation/Instrumentation Technology, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience with a pipeline environment
- A minimum 10 years SCADA Application experience
- A minimum 5 years working knowledge of RTU, PLC and End Devices communication protocols
- A minimum 5 years working knowledg of SCADA IT infrastructure including network, workstations and servers
- A minimum 5 years proven ability with work management and management of changes processes
- A minimum of 10 years working knowledge Project execution and process workflow execution
- A minimum 5 years working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise environment and the security architecture
- Previous project experience delivering SCADA, HMI, and other ICS solutions.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills using Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
- Experience with Backup and Disaster and Recovery procedures.
- Working knowledge of VMware tools and virtual environments.
- Proven relationship development and management.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, communications, and problems solving skills including root cause analysis.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Valid driver’s license.
Ideal Candidates will present with the following:
- Strong network administration skills.
- Familiarity with OPC, MODBUS, and BSAP telemetry protocols.
- Proficiency in database administration
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.