Our oil and gas client in Markham, ON is looking to hire a Construction Coordinator I for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Responsible to provide inspection and note keeping when required.
• Responsible to be a leader and coach to inspection team
• Review new OTC/OTP drawings on paper/field (Running line, Tie-ins, fittings, note keeping space, compare proposed line with pre-engineered locates, ect)
• Ensure compliance with all internal Company and external regulatory and municipal requirements and engagement of internal and external stakeholders as needed. Participate in comprehensive design, constructability, operability reviews and project risk assessments to assist in developing and implementing appropriate strategies to resolve challenges. Any additional measures implemented on the project and associated cost/schedule/quality impacts to be added as needed.
• Provide project management support on complex planning projects from initiation through to completion. Project management responsibilities include supporting cost estimates and ongoing financial tracking for budget accuracy, procurement, Planning and Engineering services contractor selection, tendering, creating/supporting legal agreements, construction support and field change support.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and resolving issues and challenges on a project level independently.
• Responsible to take the lead for the following construction activities; testing, tie-in, commissioning plan creation and to facilitate any resources and approvals required, including EGI Work Permits.
• Responsible to support construction lead to address technical questions or problems arising during construction and facilitate correct interpretation of design specifications, construction and logistics plans and schedules.
• Responsible for the timely delivery of project plans to the EGI project execution group that has overall accountability for construction, understanding the critical importance of timeliness for project delivery, specifically the implications of late project delivery (warranty penalties for builders, regulatory impacts, legal impacts, brand impacts, etc.). Support project execution groups during the construction and start-up phase for additional approvals required and internal/external communications as required.
• Create and maintain customer service installation schedule, communicate directly with contractor and Community Expansion Attachment Lead on scheduled dates and construction.
• Provide direction, leadership and overall support to inspectors on-site
• Short/Long term travel is a requirement of this position.
What you will need to succeed…
• Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and negotiation skills
• Demonstrate effective working relationships with peers and internal/external stakeholders
• Results orientated while maintaining a balance between competing priorities
• Up to 4 years’ experience in an inspection/operations and/or engineering environment
• Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs including MS Office, Microstation and/or AutoCAD
• Working Knowledge with Maximo, e-GIS, planning and records is an asset
• Job shadow, cross training or work experience from any of the following departments: Construction, M&R, Corrosion, Leak Survey, Engineering, AR&I
• In depth business, industrial and company knowledge is required to perform design analysis function effectively, recognizing impacts on capital dollars and understanding Codes, Standards and regulations is required.
• GPI certification is required. Valid G Drivers License
Nice to have:
• Project management certificate/experience is an asset.
• Thorough knowledge of Planning, Design & Records, Operation & Maintenance, and Construction policies and procedures is an asset.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.