Senior Project Manager
- Full-time permanent position
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent professional development and growth opportunity with a global company
Who are you?
You’re a well-rounded senior project manager, looking for an exciting opportunity to work on base metal mining projects, predominately within specialised gold mineral processing environments. You will have the opportunity to work in an environment that is in-demand and will provide autonomy. You will have the opportunity to prove yourself and continue growing your career. You enjoy working with talented capable professionals who share a similar mindset and have an innate ability to work together to share ideas, insights, and responsibility.
Who is the employer?
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve partnered with our client, a global engineering company with offices across Australia, South Africa, Canada, and the Philippines, with operations and projects all over the world. They apply science and ingenuity to process, engineering, construction management, maintenance, and operational challenges. They solve problems and mitigate risk. From concept to completion, from metals, minerals, energy, and renewables to infrastructure.
With over 30+ years of service, they have delivered projects on time, on budget and on specification. With an environment built on respect, autonomy, innovation and one that encourages resourcefulness. They provide technical expertise to projects including iron ore, precious metals, base metals, and specialty metals and bulk minerals, consistently exceeding the expectations of their client base.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Senior Project Manager, you’ll be accountable for the management of the overall project delivery and its resources to produce results in alignment with the client’s project requirements.
You’ll ensure the quality of output of the project team and ensure it is aligned with the needs of the project/study and the company objectives. You will develop and maintain the various project-specific procedures, work practices, plans and protocols to enable the project team to work efficiently and maintain a consistent approach and high standard of work. You’ll ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the project control reporting, costs, schedule, trends, change management) in terms of both direct and indirect costs are in accordance with the contract and in-house procedures. You’ll work collaboratively with personal across all business units.
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Ensure overall schedules, budgets and target deliverables are achieved to a consistently high standard.
- Communicate immediately with the client on matters that affect the project goals
- Chair and minute weekly client meetings, and review minutes of other meetings held between the Client and other members of the project team
- Manage the compilation and submission of the project progress report monthly or as required by the contract
- Manage all members of the project team in the compliance with applicable project/study specific requirements and current industry work codes and standards
- Communicate daily with site based senior personnel
- Advise the Manager of Projects immediately on matters that negatively affect project goals, any serious safety, environmental, community or industrial relations incidents
- Provide project support and input to proposals, customer presentations, and other marketing, business development activities as required
- Prepare scope, budget and schedule for written proposals as requested
- Approval of reimbursable project capital equipment or expenses subject to approval by the client or his approved representative within the guidelines of the contract
The very best in this role will bring more than knowledge of gold processing and project management. They will also bring a strong sense of leadership, combined with a proven track record of success as a leader and the ability to mentor and coach the team to success. They will have the personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment.
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Mississauga, ON. You’ll work primarily from the Mississauga office, with travel on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and projects. This role offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. You’ll also receive a generous benefits package, vacation and RRSP matching plan.
- University Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in various aspects of Project Management in the mineral, base metal processing and related industries
- Experience in gold mineral process
- Experience working on projects in Africa is preferable
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of direct and in-direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, complex international projects with multimillion-dollar budgets
- Ability to travel to support projects and business development as required
- Demonstrated ability to achieve consistently high standards within both budgetary and schedule constraints
- Extremely well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of building and sustaining positive relationships with all stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and co-workers
- P. Eng and PMP is considered an asset
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!