Specialized Solution Architect
· Full-time, permanent position
· $145,000 per year
· Opportunity to work with a major Canadian company
We at Ian Martin are hiring for our client—a leading, national energy provider in the oil and gas industry.
This is a unique opportunity to take on a high impact role that promises stability, challenge, and growth.
As a specialized solution architect, you’ll be accountable for developing and executing innovative, practical end-to-end business solutions across the gas distribution process and system landscape.
Here are some of the specific system components you’ll be working with: Maximo, Click FSE, SAP Plant maintenance as well as custom applications developed with .net / Java.
Practically speaking, you will:
· Work with solution architects and technical, cloud and data architects from across the Information Technology enterprise teams
· Ensure proposed solutions are aligned to all enterprise architecture guidelines including data privacy, security standards, Integration standards and infrastructure guidelines/standards
· Work with vendors to assess products, understand vendors' delivery approaches, and work in partnership with enterprise architecture and VMO
· Build future business capability roadmaps that enable the amalgamation of Legacy Utilities into 1 business application landscape in parallel, delivering business functional benefits and driving OPEX reductions
· Recognize industry technology trends, and facilitate their inclusion in strategy and technology roadmaps
· Support and encourage technical quality, innovation, sharing & experimentation across the org through leadership and mentoring
· Lead a diverse group of architect, SMEs, program managers and partners to collaborate in the development and execution of end-to-end solutions
This is a full-time permanent position. In addition to a competitive starting salary of $145,000 per year, you’ll receive benefits and vacation.
· 10+ years’ progressive experience (e.g., business solution development and business transformation)
· University degree/diploma in a related field, (e.g., Computer Engineering)
· Expertise in solution architecture, preferably in gas distribution or similar utility-based landscape
· Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
· Deep understanding of application, infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability and Availability
· Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies
· Excellent project management, collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with wide range of management levels
· Ability to raise and resolve technical/business issues
· Non-authoritative leadership skills and experience in mentoring/coaching
· Excellent project coordination, problem resolution, analytical, organization & prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple activities/demands simultaneously, with ability to recognize and address workload issues
Nice to Haves
· Advanced degree in a related field (MBA or equivalent)
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of a vast network of engineering and tech employers that are always changing.
- We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.