On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Drafter in Nashville, TN
Drafter is responsible for providing mechanical or electromechanical designs for new or existing products within a business segment. Designers make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material/component selection, and type of construction. Work from specifications as to product requirements.
· Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions.
· Work with Engineers to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products.
· Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
· Verify that all drawings convey accurate information.
· Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing.
· Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner.
· May work on design projects that reduce the cost of the product, as well as, designing necessary equipment or fixtures that are needed during the new product development cycle or with installed base products.
Criteria & Qualifications:
· Associate Degree in Electronics or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility.
· Demonstrated ability to design conceptual models by using computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software, as well as being able to perform design analysis.
· Ability to receive and transmit drawings electronically.
· Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office and with Computer Assisted Design software and equipment.
· Minimum one year of experience developing project plans and estimates and working with engineering teams.
· Show initiative to contribute in design review meetings.
· If needed, interact with vendors and customers on engineering design issues.
· 3-5 years of relevant experience; Proficient in AutoCAD & MicroStation.