Senior Software Engineer – Integrations
- Positions available in both the US and Canada
- Work from home opportunity
- Smart, motivated, high-performing team
- Chance to work on interesting technical problems
Founded in 2013, mParticle is leading the way in corporate data utilization. We’re working with major brands that you’re probably already using: names like Spotify, Hulu and Airbnb.
Our platform collects, cleans, and integrates data with the tools our clients already have in place; it empowers decision making and improves performance. Whether they’re trying to learn more about the spending rates of their customers or looking to reduce travel time in their navigation app, we have the tools, technology, and expertise to make it happen.
Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City—and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list—mParticle has 145 employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle and London.
Senior Software Engineer – Integrations
We're looking for a talented and technically well-rounded person who loves building connections and enabling a seamless customer experience.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Integrations Team at mParticle, you will work to build, define and implement best practices that help provide our customers with a seamless integration experience across the 100+ (and growing!) partners in our ecosystem. In this role, you will not only manage and build client API integrations but also design and implement scalable features to support growth across the platform.
Beyond technical skills, succeeding here will require you to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. Quality is our number one concern, and you’ll need to maintain high standards of work even when under pressure; that’s why you will need to learn quickly and display thorough analytic skills.
- Provide technical project leadership using agile methodologies
- Integrate new API clients onto our transactional and/or content systems
- Design, develop, implement and test technical solutions based on business requirements
- Create and maintain integration documentation
- Design, build and maintain tools that monitor, automate or streamline internal processes
- Monitor business-critical applications and troubleshoot or escalate appropriately when issues arise
- Maintain the integration pipeline and coordinate amongst key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Provide primary quality support for partner integrations
- Mentor less experienced engineers in healthy best practices
Working with mParticle
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. We also believe in excellence and making the very best product we can as a team; that’s why reviews and testing are key parts of our process.
Mentorship is critical to our mindset and approach, especially when to comes to our senior team. There are daily opportunities for our junior team to try new things, make mistakes, and learn; every mistake is just an opportunity to patch a hole we didn’t know was there, and we endeavour to never make the same mistake twice.
- 7+ years of professional hands-on experience
- Demonstrated technical / project leadership using Kanban or Scrum
- Understanding of web services development principles and high-volume applications requiring 24/7 uptime
- Full lifecycle ownership of features from technical design to final testing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively communicate with third party technical and sales teams
- Troubleshooting skills using data to find anomalies and test hypotheses
- Knowledge of databases and SQL under production operations
- Mastery of C# (modern dotnet core preferred)
How to Apply
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.