Hiring Manager: Lead Software Engineer
Contract Length: 6 months (possibility for extension based on funding & performance)
Location: Work from Home (40 King St. West when BCP lifted)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: GWRT-GCMT-Commodities, FX Options & Derivatives Technology US is seeking a Senior Java Developer in Capital Markets (Commodities Trading Area) for a project that involves changes related to a commodity trading system. The Developer will work as part of an overall team that delivers high velocity, horizontally scalable, message driven, real-time solutions for the Commodity Trading Desk.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be extended while also strengthening their experience within Capital Markets.
Typical Day in the Role:
• You will focus on building out digital experiences for Capital Market systems using industry standard technologies and best practices.
• Write code & debug high volume, Kafka & JVM based Stateless Services
• Write well designed Unit/Mock testing suites for integrated testing
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
• 8+ years of hands-on experience with core Java development (including 8/above -Function, Generics, Threads, Collections, Future, Java Frameworks – Spring/ Spring Boot, Hibernate, Proficient in Server side Java programming and understanding of Java Memory Model, Transactions)
• 3 + years’ experience working with SQL (Oracle) for query writing and maintaining stored procedures with PL/SQL
• 5 + years’ hands on experience within Capital Markets products and domains, preferably within Commodity/FX/IR - Swaps, Options with focus on trade booking and valuation systems
• Strong communication skills – verbal (working with multiple stakeholders) & written (clear document requirements)
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
Nice to Have:
• Commodities experience is a big advantage and will be prioritized
• Experience with Unix Scripts / Shell scripts
• Agile experience
• Significant prior experience working on Commodity Trading systems either in-house on the sell side or a vendor product preferably Triple Point CommodityXL – 5+ years of hands on experience
• BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 2-Step Process: - Codlity test, then1 technical panel interview
- Interviews to take place ASAP
- Most recent roles must be relevant
- Experience must be hands on recent (prefer within the past 2-3 roles)
- Recent FI/Banking experience is preferred (in their last role fulfilling a similar role)
*Scotiabank will review any requests for accommodations put forward by Suppliers.