On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Solar Project Engineer in Houston, TX
One Year Contract
20 hours per week
Summary of Major Job Responsibilities:
· The programs team is now managing Solar Self Power Projects.
· As such we are in need of engineering support with specific solar project experience.
· We are wanting to bring on a contractor part time to help with these projects.
· This position may eventually turn into a full time CWR at some point.
· We are looking for a well-rounded engineer about 10-20 hours/week and they will be managing the design reviews from our Design Consultant as well as providing their input throughout the 30%, 60%, 90%, IFC design phases.
Can be remote, anywhere.
Candidate will have:
Experience in engineering/project management of large scale (10MW or more) Commercial or Industrial Solar Projects
Experience in all aspects of a solar project including civil, piling/racking, AC/DC electrical, solar module, utility interconnection etc.
Experience in either behind the meter or in front of the meter solar installations
Good oral and written communication and organizational skills in order to lead engineered design review meetings and keep Engineering Consultants on schedule
Need to provide input on the overall design of the Solar Self Power Facility Drawings so the Project Team can make informed decisions on key design features
Experience in procuring solar equipment and helping to develop Solar Project RFP’s
Will be able to manage their time efficiently to keep costs down and provide status updates to the Project Manager
Will share values of Integrity, Safety, Respect and Inclusion
This person will be working closely with 2 Project Managers in order to lead Design Reviews and keep our Design Consultant on schedule as well as work with Supply Chain Management on Procurement Items reviewing material requisitions, compiling all information for RFPs for Supply Chain Management, entering requisitions into Oracle, reviewing any vendor drawings, and confirming shipping release and delivery dates/locations .
They will be working on average 20 hours/week. Hours are depending on which stage of the project we are in.