- Job no: D9QKP
- Categories: Engineering
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Project Engineer to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Project Engineer will work with Stakeholders to prioritize procedures for review of high priority Natural Gas Design for Equipment and administrative Specifications, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Review Specifications, Standards, Procedures, and Guidelines from all business units to find harmonization opportunities.
- Review and update High priority Natural Gas Design, Equipment and administrative Specifications, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Review and Update High priority Construction, Inspection, Testing and Safety Specifications, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Updates will involve a mix of writing document updates and managing a consulting firm.
- Manage the review of all updates with Stakeholders
- Work with an Engineering Firm to ensure specification updates comply with relevant and up-to-date codes and regulations.
- Work with an Engineering Firm to identify where specifications exceed industry standard or code requirements and evaluate opportunities for promoting commercial competitiveness and cost reductions without removing critical safety requirements
- Work with an Engineering Firm to identify and formulate recommendations on specification improvements to promote clear expectations and minimize the potential for misinterpretation and to ensure that Company Lessons Learned have been incorporated.
- Support the deployment of Organizational Change Management efforts as required, including:
- Communication of changes to leadership and end users within both the Projects organization and the business units
- Training end users
- Supporting activities to encourage adoption.
Must Have Experience / Education
- A professional engineer from an accredited engineering program
- Mechanical Engineering Background preferred
- 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the energy sector focused on engineering, operations and/ or development engineering.
- PNG designation either Alberta or Ontario – not stamping
- Knowledge of Codes CSA Z662:19 Oil & gas pipeline systems standard an asset (Canada / USA)
- Experience in design, project execution, and/or operations of natural gas pipelines and facilities.
- Excellent project management, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven communicator in diverse and complex team environments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 26 Feb 2021, 11:44 PM