- Job no: D7BD9
- Categories: Engineering, Nuclear
We are currently seeking Project Manager, Turbine Generators
The Project Manager is accountable for leading and delivering large-scale capital projects from
development to closeout and effectively balancing the competing demands of quality, scope, time, and
cost. Such projects will include modifications to station systems, structures and components, other
support infrastructure repair, improvement, or new construction and can be expected to span several
years. The position is directly accountable to and works under the direction of the Sr. Program Manager
responsible for project execution at the Stations. The Project Manager is expected to perform duties
with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative.
Project Planning & Delivery
- Manages an integrated project team (IPT) responsible for successfully delivering projects within a
- strong matrix organizational structure. The Project Manager provides day-to-day supervision and
- direction to all members of the IPT for the duration of their involvement with the project.
- Leads the integrated project team in the delivery of their assigned mission and hold such
- accountability for the entire project lifecycle from development through closeout.
- Complies with and oversees execution of the policies, processes, and procedures in the management system that governs project delivery and ensures execution is efficient and effective. Directs the integrated project team's execution of project delivery processes and reporting systems to ensure consistent, effective, high-quality project management through each phase of the project lifecycle.
- Manages project milestones and budgets from development through closeout measuring
- performance and taking necessary corrective actions to maintain the agreed upon schedules and costs. Prepares financial status reports for the Sr. Program Manager and/or PMC and Customer's senior
- leadership team.
- Provides oversight on day-to-day project delivery activities, assuring compliance with applicable
- requirements and assisting decision-making authority for controversial/high profile projects.
- Manages assigned projects within the authorized funds provided.
- Manages project-related contracts within the authorized contract amounts and schedules.
- Reviews and analyzes cost reports to assure charges are authorized and appropriate; identifies
- authorized charges and assures corrective actions are taken for the ultimate disposition of inappropriate charges.
- Prepares project status and other reports required by PMC Division project management
- Ensures assigned projects have work breakdown structures and resource loaded schedules per PMC scheduling standards, commensurate with the complexity of the project.
- Ensures variances and changes to cost and schedule are tracked, explained and acted upon as
- Ensures assigned projects have required risk logs and risk management plans
- Participates in PMC Group decisions affecting long- and short-range courses of action for assigned projects.
- Leads the project team in maintaining compliance with the 4 Pillars of Nuclear Safety (Reactor,
- Radiological, Industrial & Environmental) and upholds client's number one value Safety First. Aligning and integrating with other PMC & Bruce Power Departments and stakeholders
- Negotiates with, and integrates all functions (i.e., planning, design, engineering, construction,
- contracting, procurement etc.), consistent with the customer needs and PMC commitments in support of assigned projects into a comprehensive Project Management Plan. Within this plan, integrates schedules and criteria and establishes project scope and criteria, schedules and milestones, budgets, dependencies, and responsibilities of the participating parties, assumptions and risks, contingencies, and performance measurement criteria.
- Anticipates problems and proactively consults with other senior managers in identifying issues that may hinder the success of a project. Develops strategies and presents solutions to affected customer groups such as station management, regulators, union officials and others.
- Resolves controversies (i.e., conflicts with contractors on work flow/priorities; negotiating with union officials and/or regulatory bodies on staff/work related problems; violations of legislated or regulatory processes) that challenge the successful execution of project work. Listens and responds appropriately to concerns and develops refined solutions that become process improvements.
- Interfaces regularly with the Customer, Stakeholders, PMC throughout the project lifecycle in order to ensure execution is in-line with commitments and expectations.
- Integrates all the processes and functions involved in the project, including planning, engineering,
- design, procurement, construction, commissioning and other technical functions. Coordinates actions and decisions with these elements, resolving conflicts and settling issues by dealing with managers who are responsible for their phase of the project.
Planning and Staff Leadership
- Evaluates workload projections and staffing requirements pertaining to assigned projects, based on resource loaded schedules. Assigns duties within the project team and renders necessary project management assistance to assure compliance with program/project budget, criteria, deadlines, and mission accomplishment.
- Manages the activities of the IPT to assure steady workflow, maximum production, compliance with deadlines and regulatory requirements, and efficiency of project operations.
- Manages contracted resources to ensure the contractor provides quality services and/or qualified
- Manages and monitors the work and performance of team members, through regular individual
- supervision (to include coaching and mentoring, performance management, discipline and grievance procedures etc.) and is accountable for the quality of the work of both individuals and the team.
- Conducts team release conversations
- Published on 17 Aug 2020, 8:25 PM