· Based in beautiful Victoria, BC (relocation assistance available)
· Full-time permanent position
· Opportunity to join a diverse, hardworking team who are on a collective mission to upgrade humanity one person at a time
Who are you?
You’re an experienced marketing leader, with a diverse scope of experience and a desire to work with and lead a dynamic and mission-driven team. You have a start-up mindset, a passion for digital and traditional marketing in health and sciences and are excited by the opportunity to join a team with a vision to help people unlock their potential to live better and healthier lives.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
Who are we?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, Neurotech Forty, an established group of companies operating in Canada and the U.S., with an agile, start-up mindset and a passion for improving the lives of others through science and technology.
They have a portfolio of established companies as well as new start-ups (which include Bulletproof Radio, Upgrade Labs, 40 Years of Zen, and more) operating in the fast-paced Health and Lifestyle markets. Just a few of the many things they are into are infrared light technologies, supplements, large scale events, podcasts with over 77 million downloads and more!
What you’ll be doing
As the new VP of Marketing, you will sit on the Senior Leadership Team, who operate a shared services office to support a growing list of ventures. You will lead the operating group’s coordinated approach to marketing communications, strategy, and consumer engagement, ensuring the success of all companies and products.
The successful candidate will be able to design and grow a robust marketing department equipped to support the entire portfolio. Working as part of a cross-border team, this person will have primary responsibility for internal and external activities across Canada and the US, as well supporting future global initiatives.
· Design, build, manage and coach a high-performing marketing team
· Take responsibility for annual marketing goals, strategies and activities
· Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the CEO and cross-functional leadership
· Drive the design and implementation of successful marketing campaigns
· Conduct market analyses to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
· Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective digital and in-person events
· Work closely with the sales department to align sales and marketing strategies
· Build and manage marketing budgets and expenditures
· Define and maintain brand standards and ensure compliance across all channels
· Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counterstrategies
· Build long-term relationships with employees, customers, affiliates and stakeholders
· Forecast short and long-term hiring and outsourcing needs
· Use creative PR strategies to build relationships with stakeholders and media
We are looking for a candidate who can bring both strategic thinking and strong, hands on experience in executing impactful marketing.
The organization is growing and changing rapidly, and the right person for this role will not only be comfortable in this kind of fast-paced and dynamic environment, but will feel energized and excited by the diversity of priorities and the opportunity to use their broad scope of marketing experience daily.
This full-time, permanent position is based in Victoria, BC, working both remotely and in-office. We are open to meeting exceptional candidates who may need to relocate.
What you’ll bring
· 5+ years’ experience as a Marketing Director or higher-level related position, responsible for building and leading diverse teams of marketing and communications professionals
· Substantial ecommerce experience combined with previous experience in a content driven ecommerce company, or content company is essential
· Broad exposure in marketing (i.e. digital marketing, PR, design, content, conferences/events)
· Experience owning digital marketing, including SEO, online metrics, online revenue, media buying
· Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful digital and traditional marketing campaigns
· Experience in CPG
· Experience with podcasts, TV, or radio would be strongly preferred
· Experience leveraging social media in a meaningful way, i.e., working with influencers, celebrities, major brands
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards