- Job no: CFNAA
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for eight (8) months located in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
- Assist projects groups with required purchase orders including creation of purchase orders, revisions, and coding
- Assist with support group work orders including creation of purchase orders, revisions, and coding
- Provide ad-hoc financial reporting and drilldowns as required to support regional questions or initiatives
- Run all reporting (Excel, PowerBI, any new reporting required with Unify)
- Develop new reporting as required
- Participate in all corporate scheduled forecasts
- Understand and use forecasting template to assist regional forecast and forecast upload
- Develop 2021 forecasting templates as required
- Participate in developing 2022 budgets
- Develop 2022 budgeting templates
- Assist area admins in questions of coding, allocation, timesheets, invoicing, and purchase orders
- Create and manage purchase orders
- Provide advice on procurement process to regional staff
- As required, assist in overall regional business support initiatives while any positions are vacant
- Complete monthly accruals by verifying accruals and assisting with overall accrual review
- Provide vacation and absence coverage for co-workers
- 3+ years experience in an accounting, financial reporting and/or budgeting and planning environment.
- High proficiency in Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Look Up) is a must
- Power BI (intermediate)
- Oracle experience a bonus but not necessary.
- Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills; communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data for decision making
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 06 Apr 2021, 5:06 PM