- Job no: CFFFA
- Category: Engineering
Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Drafter. This is a contract position for two (2) months located in Burnaby, British Columbia. Possibility of extension depending on project needs and for the right candidate
The Drafter in this role will support the creation and revision of engineering drawings associated with Civil/Structural engineering works for Hydro Electrical System projects.
- Use a variety of computer-aided drafting, modeling, and parametric design applications to depict work in two and three dimensions and manage drawings using a computerized drawing records management system.
- Use drawings for site preparations and layouts, facility construction, and electrical infrastructure design and installation including details of equipment, assemblies, and components.
- Create customized drawings for non-standard engineering and design projects.
- Perform work according to CADD standards.
- Perform some calculations.
- Create and revise drawings clearly by calculating dimensions, elevations, slopes, actual scale, and using appropriate design layout for the engineering team.
- Complete technical drafting-related tasks by producing associated graphs, maps, diagrams, and profiles and by preparing materials and drawing lists, following applicable engineering standards.
- Organize and maintain drawings by using a drawing management system to ensure security and accessibility
- (2) years of drafting experience or equivalent.
- Diploma in drafting or equivalent
- Advanced computer aided design and drafting skills
- Experience drafting for generation station Civil/Structural works.
- Experience doing computer aided drafting/design (CADD) for a utility or a similar industry
- Successful completion or working towards the completion of the introductory course - Hydro Electrical System
- Experience with McLaren, SharePoint, Transmittal Portal
- Experience with AutoCad
- Experience with Inventor
- Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
- Successful candidate must work 3 days out of the office (No 100% remote work option available).
- 2 30" monitors, a desk & chair (Company will provide a laptop)
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Closed a month ago - 23 Aug 2022