Our Oil and gas client in North York, ON is seeking a Sr. Analyst (Transit planning) to join their growing team, on a 1 year assignment beginning immediately.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Overall responsibility for planning development and delivery to plan including the analysis, design, technical specifications and pick lines for Transit Relocation capital portfolio.
• Provide project management expertise and support on complex planning projects from initiation through to completion. Project management responsibilities include design, creating cost estimates and ongoing financial tracking for budget accuracy, procurement, Planning and Engineering services contractor selection, tendering, creating/supporting legal agreements, construction support and field change support.
• Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and resolving issues and challenges on a project level independently.
• Develop skills to ensure effective project development and project controls activities as required for the projects assigned including: Project Charters, Coordination meetings and Constructability Reviews, Project Compliance Records, Project Management Plan and Subsections, Project Schedules, Cost estimates and Control budgets, Design Basis Memos, Feasibility Studies, Service Procurement Contracts, OTC Communications, Cost Tracker/Forecasting/Weekly updates, Integrity Dig Sheets, Bench Marking and Project Close Out activities.
• Responsible for the timely delivery of project plans to the EGI project execution group that has overall accountability for construction, understanding the critical importance of timelines for project delivery, specifically the implications of late project delivery (warranty penalties for builders, regulatory impacts, legal impacts, brand impacts, etc.). Support project execution groups during the construction and start-up phase for additional approvals required and internal/external communications as required.
• Determine cost sharing mechanisms and understand and apply Franchise Agreements, Public Service Works on Highways Act, etc.
• Attend Public Utility Coordinating Committee meetings in order to negotiate with utility and municipal managers and staff to settle conflicts, co-ordinate joint projects, minimized overall costs while maximizing cost sharing and maintain a mutually efficient environment to operate within the municipality. Represent EGI and the Capital Development and Delivery Department at other stakeholder meetings, such as other utilities or agencies to negotiate the Company’s position on various planning issues or projects such as relocations.
• Conduct contingency plans and create work permits as required.
• Provide technical leadership and/or support in the monitoring, controlling, forecasting and reporting of multiple projects managed by the assigned project management teams in areas of cost control, complex logistics/scheduling, and development/continuous improvement of project control templates.
MUST HAVE qualifications:
• Up to 4 years’ experience in design, operations and/or engineering environment.
• Project management certificate/experience (or working towards) and thorough understanding of utility designs and Planning procedures and policies.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrate effective working relationships with peers and internal/external stakeholders.
• Results orientated while maintaining a balance between competing priorities.
• Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs including MS Office, Microstation and/or AutoCAD
• In depth business, industrial and/or company knowledge to perform design analysis function effectively, recognizing impacts on capital dollars and understanding Codes, Standards and regulations.
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
• P. Eng or Certified Engineering Technician/Technologist or equivalent, and GPI certification is an asset.
• Project management certificate/experience is an asset.
• Thorough knowledge of client's Gas Planning, Design & Records, Operation & Maintenance, and Construction policies and procedures.
* Travel is required for training, external and internal meetings and construction job site visits within the GTA and Golden Horseshoe regions. Drivers abstract will be required.
• Due to COVID-19, temporary work from home assignment until advised by senior management when safe to return to designated office. Successful candidate must be able to: work independently, problem solve, build relationships while remote learning and working. Candidates must also have access to a reliable internet. All required hardware and software will be provided to complete all daily tasks
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion as our strength and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.