Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Technical Writer with direct experience in IT Cyber Security. This is a Twelve (12) month contract located at their head office in Calgary. The role will be remote until the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
The IMT Governance and Cybersecurity program were audited by Internal Audit and multiple findings were identified in the both areas that need to be addressed on an priority basis. This project is initiated to address the open audit gaps and the mitigate the associated risks in the areas of IT Governance and Cybersecurity.
• Work collaboratively with Corporate and Information Security team, IMT Governance, IT Operations and other extended teams to produce deliverables required for closing existing Cybersecurity and IMT Governance Audit gaps related to policies and procedures update.
• Drive the development, collaboration, editing, review, approval, and publication of process and policy documentation in support of cybersecurity teams and services. The primary focus will be on the development of process documentation and cybersecurity-related policies, standards, directives.
• Draft, expand, refine, and edit technical concepts or solutions into an easy to read comprehensive, compliant, and compelling documents.
• Interact with IMT technical team members for content development.
• Researches highly technical subject matter and organizes information from multiple sources and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
• Review existing Cybersecurity policies and recommend changes, additions, and/or improvements to the AER Cybersecurity Lead that will improve Cyber policy overall in the context of the systems the client manages and acquires.
• Assist with Risk Management Framework Assessment and provide recommendations for policy improvements to support system authorization, access control, password management etc.
• Develop, organize, write, and edit operational playbooks and procedural documentation
• Standardize documentation across teams.
• Collaborate with teams across the organization to ensure cyber documentation is accurate and meets regulatory and audit requirements
• Assist with the development of process-based metrics and reporting for cybersecurity and network related policies and procedures
This will be a key measurable statistic at random times for Vendor Management’s Value for Dollar on a quarterly or semi-annual basis.
1. Closure of cyber security findings
2. Creation and approval of cyber security policies and procedures
3. Acceptance of all deliverables related to the project
• Using their expertise to voice constructive opinions
• Blue Sky Thinking
• Working independently
• Communication skills
• Expert level knowledge of Cyber security and IT Governance frameworks/standards (ISO 27001, NIST, COBIT, ITIL
• Setting deliverable goals and managing extended IMT peers independently to meet deliverables
• Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team
• Managing expectations
• Proven self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities under operational and incident pressure.
• Self-disciplined, self-motivated, with special attention to detail and technical accuracy.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Stay current on IT security trends and news
Other skills deemed necessary
• 10+ years of experience in a variety of IT roles with a minimum of 8+ years of experience in cybersecurity.
• 5 plus experience in Cybersecurity support functions such as Configuration Management, Incident Response, Contingency Planning, Disaster Recovery, and the like.
• 5 plus years’ experience in Network security, continuous monitoring, system auditing, and security policy development
• One or more years of full time experience with one or more of the following security products: Checkpoint R 80, Cisco ESA, IBM Q Radar, McAfee EDR, CyberArk, Microsoft security products, and other related security products.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Cyber security policies and standards implementation
Certifications in IT Security including at least 2 of the following:
CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CGEIT, GMON, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA, CEH, GCIA, SSCP, and Network/Security+, ITIL
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.