Our multinational electricity and gas utility company is looking to hire Compliance Analyst. This is a contract opportunity in Waltham, MA for the duration of 6 months.
Support the company in achieving its strategic objectives by providing assurance over key controls and mitigating activities that the organization relies on to manage its regulatory compliance obligations. Plan, execute, and report on a wide variety of regulatory compliance obligations, test controls and manage remediation of regulatory compliance assurance findings.
· Develop and maintain regulatory assurance processes, procedures, and frameworks.
· Create and administer reporting mechanisms, KPIs, and resulting scorecards for effective regulatory compliance performance management (e.g., aggregation of local, functional, and regional performance).
· Provide support, advice, and challenge to the company's First Line of Defense (the business) in the Three Lines of Defense approach.
· Provide advice and training support on regulatory compliance management techniques and internal control design.
· Execute risk-based controls testing, documentation and reporting in line with good practice guidance.
· Prepare and present comprehensive, clear, concise reports, maintaining objectivity and impartiality.
· Manage and coordinate the timely execution of team projects, ensuring that activities, including testing plans, are properly focused on key obligations, and delivering value to the business.
· Manage remediation of Regulatory Compliance assurance findings.
· Ensure Regulatory Compliance activities are delivered at a high standard and in compliance with international professional standards and good practice.
· Proactively look for areas of improvement and provide value adding and insightful recommendations on process and controls improvements.
· Communicate with Manager to avoid surprises, highlight issues and ensure timely delivery.
· Leverage software/technology to support regulatory compliance management, controls testing work and assurance findings.
Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, counsel, coach, develop and influence others.
Ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships to become a trusted advisor.
· A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting, Engineering, or relevant field, with an advanced degree a plus.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience, including Internal Audit, or SOX, with Big 4 or medium-sized consultancy or Internal Audit in a large company (preferably Energy/Utilities).
· Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, written (documentation and reporting) and verbal skills.
· Strong technical regulatory compliance management skills, understanding of internal controls frameworks, Three Lines of Defense model, and controls testing, as well as broader business acumen.
· Strong planning, organizational, and project management skills.
· Ability to be flexible and agile to changing conditions.
· Demonstrable commitment to integrity and ethical values.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance management prevailing practice, business processes, internal controls, and controls testing methodologies.
· Technology experience, including data analytics (e.g., ACL) and visualization tools (e.g., Power BI) a plus.
· Professional certification or equivalent in relevant area (e.g., Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant), or working towards qualification.
· Hybrid work model. Local candidates preferred.