Operational Performance Superintendent
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Must be willing to work at the remote McClean Lake mine site on a flexible rotating schedule
Who are you?
You’re a seasoned mine/mill operations leader, looking for an opportunity to use your skills and experience to ensure that the operation is optimized in ways that maximize efficiency while maintaining safety standards throughout the location. You enjoy working with talented capable people who share a mindset and have an innate ability to work together to share ideas, insights, and responsibility.
Who is the employer?
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve partnered with our client, a metal and mining company who has been exploring, developing mines, and producing for more than 50 years. They rely on their extensive experience, cutting-edge techniques, and innovation to extract uranium from deep in the ground and process the ore to produce uranium.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Operational Performance Superintendent, you will be responsible for the safe production in the uranium ore processing facility including the operation of the tailings management and water treatment processes at the McClean Lake site. You’ll be responsible for the operational performance while championing continuous improvement and transformational initiatives. You’ll liaise with technical teams to collaborate on projects and initiatives and provide mentorship and development of employees with a focus on a safe and inclusive culture.
- Responsible for the safe production in the uranium ore processing facility including the operation of the tailings management and water treatment processes at the McClean Lake site
- Responsible for the operational performance while championing continual improvement and transformational initiatives
- The Superintendent must work with its community stakeholders to develop the northern workforce in operations, power engineering and supervision with a particular focus on the Athabasca Basin
- Build a strong, reliable, competent, workforce capable of adapting to dynamic situations and conditions
- Facilitate effective maintenance, change management, and continuous improvement by working closely with other departments within the mill and site
- Oversee staffing of the Operations and Power Engineering department and participate in managing performance and corrective action when required
- Drive Safety Culture and be a supporter of process safety management and operational excellence
This is a full-time, permanent position located at the remote McClean Lake mine site in Saskatchewan. You’ll work, a rotating flexible schedule, normally an 11-hour workday, Tuesday to Friday. They provide fly-in-fly-out pick-up points in Saskatoon and Prince Albert. This role offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. You’ll also receive a benefits package with medical, dental, vision, a healthcare spending account, vacation, and an RRSP matching plan.
- Must have significant supervisory experience and proven leadership abilities
- Progressive experience in process or plant engineering environment
- Professional Engineer, Technologist or Journeyman of relevant skillset as identified above
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to deliver clear consistent messaging to each operating shift. Professional written communication is also a requirement as this is a senior position in which clear concise reporting is frequently required
- Experience in the use of computer programs such as SAP and PI are an asset. Must be fluent in the use of Microsoft programs
- Willing to work at the remote McClean Lake mine site on a flexible schedule and commute to the site by aircraft
- Must be willing to pass a substance test, as a condition of employment
- Must have proof of COVID vaccination in order to fly with the company’s airline service provider
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field (process, chemical, mechanical, metallurgical) is considered an asset
- Uranium milling experience is an asset
- Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!